Author Topic: Bump channel issue?  (Read 2776 times)

2019-02-13, 19:13:53

Nuno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everyone! :)

Does anyone else noticed that the bump channel now does not support layers?
In the past I have stacked layers of different bump noises or different images through layers texture, multiply, add, etc... and now when I add a layer into the texture field the bump effect disappears.
Is this a known issue after the new "Version: 3 hotfix 1 (core 3)"? Before that was working!

Edit: I am on Version: 3 hotfix 1 (core 3)

Thank you ;)
« Last Edit: 2019-02-13, 19:25:22 by Nuno »

2019-02-13, 23:09:47
Reply #1

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It's working for me.
I'm on v.4 current daily, but I believe it worked in v.3."1" too.
See below.
Bottom layer is the long brushed bump, top layer is the random scratches. Top texture is only in the projector shader to scale it down.

2019-02-14, 10:58:40
Reply #2

Nuno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi jojorender, thank you.

Yes I see... as far I can see in Version: 3 hotfix 1 (core 3) do not work. Every time I add layer, the bump effect just looks like it's disabled, or if I have a older file that had that feature now after the update the bump is not working...
Seems like they fixed the issue on newer daily versions, as you shown. Which is good and not good... at least in my case.

Other question kind of related but if needed I can open in other thread.

Do I have to update my corona render version by the daily's releases everytime? If yes, this is kind of a problem to me and the company as we have several licenses and nodes, and if we need to manually install by a daily factor in every machine a new update is counter productive and a pain in the...

Any insight, regarding this and the bug fixes? how can we deal if that @coronateam?

Thank you

2019-02-14, 13:22:54
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Updating to daily releases is entirely optional - however, if you want a particular fix that is included in a daily build (or a particular feature added in that daily build) then install that daily build would be needed (until the fix makes its way into a final release of some sort). A lot of people in the middle of production work will not install daily builds, since they may change things or have bugs of their own since they aren't final versions.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-02-14, 15:52:09
Reply #4

Nuno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Updating to daily releases is entirely optional - however, if you want a particular fix that is included in a daily build (or a particular feature added in that daily build) then install that daily build would be needed (until the fix makes its way into a final release of some sort). A lot of people in the middle of production work will not install daily builds, since they may change things or have bugs of their own since they aren't final versions.

Yes sure, make sense!
By the way, it would be cool if corona had a "automatic update" to fix some bugs / issues that might appear. Something similar to c4d when they update bug fixes in a core release. hehehe don't know if possible, but it would be pretty good for all :))

;)

2019-02-14, 18:18:07
Reply #5

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Did you ever consider / try installing corona in dropbox and symlink back to the plugins folder?
I use this to sync my content browser and plugins that are installed in USER browser/ plugins folders.
I’m not sure if this could work with corona installed in the main app plugins folder.
I did try that before but it didn’t work right away. Might be just a permission issue. Didn’t have time for further testing.
The advantage would be to install once and auto sync to all machines.
Maybe the devs can let us know if that is possible.

2019-02-14, 18:56:52
Reply #6

Nuno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes I see, thank you.
Looks like you work under macOS, in windows pc we need always to execute the program to install it :(. Perhaps in macOS is different and there is no need!?

But anyway a "c4d like update" to fix issues and bugs to the core version would be a great feature. :) If possible of course. ;)