Author Topic: Rendering a normal A3 image  (Read 11937 times)

2018-02-07, 10:23:20
Reply #15

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, i think it's not part of Cinema 4D Prime...
Content Browser > Presets > Prime > Presets > Tools & Helpers > Tiled Camera
;)

you're the best cheers mate!!

2018-02-07, 23:30:22
Reply #16

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I use a lot pictures on plane for trees in background.

If you use Laubwerk plants, be careful because info about polys are wrong… C4D counts only polys of the preview shape. 400 polys ! Cool ! But if you convert in poly (C), 700.000 polys for one tree !!!

2018-02-08, 02:12:19
Reply #17

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, i think it's not part of Cinema 4D Prime...
Content Browser > Presets > Prime > Presets > Tools & Helpers > Tiled Camera
;)

you're the best cheers mate!!
no problem ;) hope it gets you running

2018-02-08, 05:47:02
Reply #18

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thx guys,

No i dont use laubwork, but i attach an example of some of my typical scenes...
These were rendered with vray, but corona struggles which is bad for me because i'm trying to go over to corona...

Thanks
Jireh3D

2018-02-08, 06:57:17
Reply #19

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
Do you use LODs for your plants?

How do you render your scenes? Do you render all plants at once(instanced) or in clumps and compose them later?

2018-02-08, 07:57:47
Reply #20

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile

How do you render your scenes? Do you render all plants at once(instanced) or in clumps and compose them later?

Not sure what you mean by LODs...
I render it at once....all instanced
Scene roughly 8 million poly's (not sure how it calculates it with the instances included....)

2018-02-08, 08:34:17
Reply #21

hog0

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Not sure what you mean by LODs...
I render it at once....all instanced
Scene roughly 8 million poly's (not sure how it calculates it with the instances included....)

Level of Detail, basically you can set most plantgenerators to use less but bigger leaves the farther away from the camera, so you have less geometry for roughly the same look.. plants in front would have a lot more detail in terms of geonometry..

but it actually looks like those plants are all highpoly models just instanced, this is very memory/cpu heavy even on vray.. thats why most ppl now are goin for LOD options cause you cant see that much detail anyway in the background

2018-02-08, 09:00:16
Reply #22

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok i see, yes all high poly....Thing is it will all be animated as well, so high poly is important...

2018-02-08, 10:59:58
Reply #23

Philip kelly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Sketchrender
Wouldn't like to loose me football in that back garden.
Dell Precision T7910

2018-02-08, 11:15:59
Reply #24

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wouldn't like to loose me football in that back garden.

hahahahaha

Yes Here in the western Cape that is our typical ''Fynbos'' but yes you are right mate - That football would be GONE! :D :D :D

2018-02-08, 16:20:26
Reply #25

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
It doesn't matter if it's an animation or not. With LODs, you save lots and lots of memory.
You don't need R19 or a tree generator for that, just a low poly version of the plants which you can create.
Then keyframe the appearance of the high/low-poly geometry or use xpresso to automate that based on distance.
You can also render the house and the plants in separate renders. and compose them later. (use placeholders to cast shadows onto those objects)

2018-02-08, 16:52:52
Reply #26

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It doesn't matter if it's an animation or not. With LODs, you save lots and lots of memory.
You don't need R19 or a tree generator for that, just a low poly version of the plants which you can create.
Then keyframe the appearance of the high/low-poly geometry or use xpresso to automate that based on distance.
You can also render the house and the plants in separate renders. and compose them later. (use placeholders to cast shadows onto those objects)

Oh ok, i see. Have no idea how to do it, but i understand what you mean

2018-02-08, 18:41:17
Reply #27

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Jireh3D,

can you please send us a screenshot of "Stats" panel of VFB. The values from stats can help us to understand what is the complexity of the scene.

Nikola

2018-02-08, 19:16:54
Reply #28

3DRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Jireh3D,

can you please send us a screenshot of "Stats" panel of VFB. The values from stats can help us to understand what is the complexity of the scene.

Nikola

sure - Two of the scenes attached - 1 exterior & 1 Interior
The interior struggles so much...

2018-02-08, 22:55:37
Reply #29

Mor4us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MAD Imagery
I‘m doing renderings like this in daily business with no problems at all.
If your rendering behaves different(crashes) in higher resolutions but runs fine with lower  resolutions its most likely a memory issue.
One thing most people don‘t take into consideration is displacement. As this is resolution dependant (screen Space) by default and mesh subdivs will substantially increase and fill your memory with higher resolutions.
I highly recomend monitoring your memory usage. fe with Taskmanager oder activity monitor (OSX)

best regards
Markus