Author Topic: Evermotion Exterior Test  (Read 15833 times)

2013-09-30, 16:29:22

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi can anyone help me with this scene
 i cant seem to get rid of the fireflies from the street lights, rendered for 4h34 and reached 81 Passes at PT4 and HD 1024, lights multiplier at 10 and MSI at 400
I had a girlfriend once.....her name was Vray

2013-09-30, 16:31:02
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
1. Disable HD cache.
2. Use PT+PT.
3. Show your settings.
4. Are those lights IES?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-09-30, 16:36:48
Reply #2

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
1. Disable HD cache.
2. Use PT+PT.
3. Show your settings.
4. Are those lights IES?

Okay will try that, no they are just regular Rectangle lights

2013-09-30, 17:03:43
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Are those lights in lamps occlude by some kind of glass?

What kind of glass are you using for windows?

What is your lights samples multiplier?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-10-01, 06:30:19
Reply #4

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi im using an emitter material for the light head with a rectangular light out side of it,

This is PT+PT4 at 11hours

2013-10-01, 10:05:40
Reply #5

vkiuru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I get that kind of noise on some scenes when I use both Corona Lights and emitter materials. Try and see if the noise goes away if you disable the emitter in the material. It may not solve your problem but at least you would know the cause.

2013-10-01, 10:22:29
Reply #6

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I get that kind of noise on some scenes when I use both Corona Lights and emitter materials. Try and see if the noise goes away if you disable the emitter in the material. It may not solve your problem but at least you would know the cause.

Thanks tried it but still roughly the same, lights take a very long time to converge

2013-10-01, 13:51:25
Reply #7

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello nehale

the material of the road ?

Greats
Raf

2013-10-01, 13:52:18
Reply #8

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Is there any reason why the emmitter material is refractive (with real caustic generating refractivness) and reflective ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2013-10-01, 18:09:12
Reply #9

ondrike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is there any reason why the emmitter material is refractive (with real caustic generating refractivness) and reflective ?

Yes, you´re right..

nehale, turn off reflections and refractions, it´ completely useless.
Corona brought joy to sad world of 3Ds Max :)

2013-10-01, 18:25:03
Reply #10

Fugo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I wonder about that contrast setting.

2013-10-01, 20:58:26
Reply #11

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
that reminds me of my green house exterior night scene i had the exact same problem with noise and lights even after many hours of rendering with pt+pt

2013-10-01, 21:37:22
Reply #12

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Yes, you´re right..

nehale, turn off reflections and refractions, it´ completely useless.

Yeah sure thats true, but the emiter material is not the problem, even if i switch it off the regular lights will still take ages to clear up, i was wondering though, does the light size play a role though?

2013-10-01, 21:52:53
Reply #13

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Which one is it? I will buy the scene and try myself :) Link straight to the Evermotion store would be perfect :)

2013-10-01, 21:58:53
Reply #14

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Which one is it? I will buy the scene and try myself :) Link straight to the Evermotion store would be perfect :)

Here it is, i just used converter and added lights http://www.evermotion.org/modelshop/show_product/scene-02-archexteriors-vol-08/507/0/0/0

2013-10-01, 22:24:40
Reply #15

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think i may have found my mistake, looked at the original scene again and see that i just used a dome with a texture for ambient lighting as they did, but now i put the texture in the environment slot to see how that clears up, started render and looks promising now after deleting the half dome/sphere, will see after an hour or two

2013-10-01, 22:25:40
Reply #16

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
There is going to be A LOT more problems than that, if you just converted the scene quickly...

2013-10-01, 23:21:29
Reply #17

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello nehale

you can attach the slot material (setting)

road and
external wall of the building?

Thank
Raf

2013-10-06, 22:05:01
Reply #18

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Ok,

so i took some time to put together that scene. I have to make clear again that you should never ever just render the converted scene. It will never work, it can not possibly work. It is just an aid to make conversion process easier...  but just about 20-25% easier... you are going to use completely different engine, so it is never going to work out of the box.

I have created all the materials from scratch, and i did not try to match them 1:1, i just made some materials like i would in a regular scene, so i am not performing test on a simple clay render. Also, never light your scene with giant sphere, just put environment map where it belongs, into environment slot.

And if you are making emissive materials, then make sure just emission component of material is enabled. Rest of them, including diffuse, should be disabled.

Use hybrid glass mode whenever possible. Use solid only when you can afford it... never for large glass elements, but for small things, like glass statue on the table of a room lit by large window...

Try to avoid fakes as much as possible, and never try to make lighting complex and then throw it on renderer expecting it will handle it. It never will. The point is to make scene as easy for renderer as possible without sacrificing too much quality. Most of the time it is not about making supercorrect render, but about finishing all renders comfortably before deadline.

If you are irresponsible with your lighting and shading, you will never get reasonable rendertimes in any renderer. Be it Corona, Vray, Mental Ray or Arnold... That being said, Vray is sometimes quite forgiving when it comes to irresponsible shading and lighting, but it is still not nearly bulletproof.

So, here is my test:

It took 30 minutes on my older i7 870... so on something like 990X, it should take no longer than 20 minutes, at this resolution.

I am also attaching post processed version, to show you can always fine tune image in post, instead of trying to get it right out of the renderer while messing your render settings up in the process.

You can PM me your email adress (Nehale only, no-one else :P), and i will mail you the scene so you can take look at materials, lights and render settings yourself.

2013-10-06, 22:10:17
Reply #19

nehale

• Active Users
    • View Profile
WOOOOW, thanks you so much for those tips and this is the best corona exterior render i have seen thus far

2013-10-07, 00:20:39
Reply #20

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ahahaha Rawalanche ... you're a Genius