Author Topic: adjust lighting only in 3d objects not in BG  (Read 2089 times)

2017-04-13, 16:57:33

Nuno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

First of all great work on the render engine, its really impressive and easy to use. Thumbs up!

I am trying to integrate 3D into backplates using a usual workflow (HDRi for lighting or HDRi + sun light) nothing fancy just testing out corona's capabilities.
I found that if I want to tweak light or camera EV to adjust my lighting only in my 3d objects I cant do it without also affecting the background environment  (backplate/hdri).

In my example I have a sky with HDRi as my IBL and reflections source, use backplate as my BG, a plane floor with my BG assigned as a frontal texture to cast shadows. Every time I tweak Light or EV all scene is affected, I tried corona compositing tag without any success.
Am I missing something here? Is there a work around?

Thank you

2017-04-14, 16:01:15
Reply #1

synolog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, EV ,as post effect or camera related, always changes the entire scene. You could try to control the hdri intensity of the sky (change intensity of the hdri in light material) and have a bg with a second light material applied to the direct visibility override of the scene environment in corona render settings. With this solution the bg is not affected by changing hdri intensity of the sky.

2017-04-18, 11:06:26
Reply #2

Nuno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Thank you synolog.
It's a good turnaround but unfortunately it still gets some problems.
I have have a image as background(backplate not 360), a 360hdr for reflection and light and if I put my background(backplate not 360) to change the direct visibility override in render setting, that will warp the all image as if the image was in a sky dome.
The other problem is that I need to have the same background(backplate not 360) as floor texture to extract shadows and other interaction. And if I change light intensity or EV will always affect also the texture.

Probably the best solution will be to create different scene files to extract render passes and assemble them in post.
I've been searching in the forum page and also the world wide web and found that what I am talking about is a feature in corona but for now is only available in the 3Dmax version, called shadow catcher.
Does anyone knows if this shadow catcher feature will be implemented in corona for c4d? That would be really great.