Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 207215 times)

2017-10-05, 09:51:09
Reply #600

draekser

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi,

thanks for answer.

so sorry for my English,

for exemple, i start a render, after a little time i stop it. when i am going to render again vfb freeze at 'preparing scene data', no crash of c4D, i can close vfb-IR render, but i can't render again ... kind of like the post of Marvey (Reply #593), no crash like him, but i can't render again after stop a render ...

my system specifics windows 10 (all update), 32g ram, nvidia gtx 1090, intel i7, C4D 18 (all update)
« Last Edit: 2017-10-05, 09:57:31 by draekser »

2017-10-05, 10:05:33
Reply #601

CBAS VISUAL

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Behance :
hi,

thanks for answer.

so sorry for my English,

for exemple, i start a render, after a little time i stop it. when i am going to render again vfb freeze at 'preparing scene data', no crash of c4D, i can close vfb-IR render, but i can't render again ... kind of like the post of Marvey (Reply #593), no crash like him, but i can't render again after stop a render ...

my system specifics windows 10 (all update), 32g ram, nvidia gtx 1090, intel i7, C4D 18 (all update)

Is it a complex scene ?

2017-10-05, 10:13:29
Reply #602

draekser

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Is it a complex scene ?

No, this happen also with the 'Shader-Ball scene'

2017-10-05, 10:22:11
Reply #603

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

This is really strange...

Your system isn't anything unusual. We have very similar systems here in Corona and we didn't encounter the issue that you are describing. Thanks for the additional information though! The problem is not your language, your English is OK. We just needed more information :-)

Well, we'll keep hunting, I guess...

2017-10-05, 10:43:37
Reply #604

puscyfer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How about global volume? I don't seem to be getting any volumetrics from these last 2 builds

2017-10-05, 10:48:33
Reply #605

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
How about global volume? I don't seem to be getting any volumetrics from these last 2 builds

We had no report of that. Some people complained about volumetrics, but we tried volumetric material on simple objects and that worked fine. GLOBAL volume, however, hasn't been tried. I'll check it right now...

2017-10-05, 10:52:11
Reply #606

puscyfer

• Active Users
    • View Profile

We had no report of that. Some people complained about volumetrics, but we tried volumetric material on simple objects and that worked fine. GLOBAL volume, however, hasn't been tried. I'll check it right now...

volumetric material on an object seems to be working fine ...   when placed it global volume it doesn't do anything. ^_^ In love with corona's volumetrics so i had to mention this little issue...

2017-10-05, 10:54:18
Reply #607

draekser

• Active Users
    • View Profile

This is really strange...

Your system isn't anything unusual. We have very similar systems here in Corona and we didn't encounter the issue that you are describing. Thanks for the additional information though! The problem is not your language, your English is OK. We just needed more information :-)

Well, we'll keep hunting, I guess...

ok, i 'resolved' the issue. A clean install. Uninstall Corona, and also 2 files in the plugin folder that remained. Install the last build and now it's work. I can stop render and render again.

2017-10-05, 11:01:34
Reply #608

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
ok, i 'resolved' the issue. A clean install. Uninstall Corona, and also 2 files in the plugin folder that remained. Install the last build and now it's work. I can stop render and render again.

Wow, thanks for this information! I'm glad that it worked for you, but we still need to find out why this is happening.

2017-10-05, 17:33:27
Reply #609

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

If you are using a scene you set up in an older version of corona, select everything, lights geometry, everything and copy it all over to a new scene. Select corona as the renderer and setup multipass (if you need to).

I know this sounds like a bit of a pain but I have found that it cuts out nearly all of my random crashes.

Phil

2017-10-05, 18:01:02
Reply #610

koubankeo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
maybe just a new object sky?

2017-10-05, 18:02:12
Reply #611

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Hi,

If you are using a scene you set up in an older version of corona, select everything, lights geometry, everything and copy it all over to a new scene. Select corona as the renderer and setup multipass (if you need to).

I know this sounds like a bit of a pain but I have found that it cuts out nearly all of my random crashes.

Phil

What about IPR?

That may work. I felt light speed decrease when switched to with old scene to some new build in mid-august.

I will give it a try!

2017-10-05, 19:43:40
Reply #612

karklinskarlis1993

• Active Users
    • View Profile
seems like global volume aint working

still love it! thank you devs, you are the best!

2017-10-05, 20:40:55
Reply #613

Kost4d

• Active Users
  • Working and Learning Hard
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
Hello!
Yes, still no global volumetrics, but please take a time to read my investigation.

1) In old heavy scene rendering in PV is ok, but global volumetrics (GV) in not visible
2) The same scene in IR is shown with no GV and no needles in firs, which were made by opacity channel
3) In new similar scene PV and IR with no GV works just perfect!
4) If I place whole scene in giant cube and apply volumetric material to the cube then IR shows no needes (opacity channel problem?)
5) PV shows firs and volumetrics

So it is only the global volumetrics problem left to solve... just from my point of view.

Thank you developers. My next project I will try to do using this build!

Please see attached files below. The last one is final image rendered with 2017-09-04 build

Update. For now I can't receive a godrays if making volumetrics of giant cube + volumetrics material
« Last Edit: 2017-10-05, 20:53:14 by Kost4d »

2017-10-05, 21:14:03
Reply #614

lenogre

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Open a dosch car from the browser.
Launch IR. Some parts of the car don't appear in IR. In the picture viewer. It's ok.
If we replace a c4d material by a corona material, these parts appear in IR.