Author Topic: Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 daily build  (Read 207101 times)

2017-10-04, 17:43:40
Reply #585

fabio81

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Nikola,
I attach a fast scene to play this crash. It happens as the multipass is activated.
I hope this can serve, thank you

2017-10-04, 17:46:39
Reply #586

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I agree this is an annoying problem and should be fixed ASAP, but we need to reproduce it to be able to solve it because we didn't find this issue during testing even on big scenes. Can you please simplify your scene step by step by deleting half of the objects in each step until it will work. By this, you can find the cause of the freeze, e.g. some instanced object or some object with a complicated material, displacement etc. Alternatively, you can send us your scene and I will try to find the cause of the bug myself if the scene freezes during second rendering on my computer. Thank you.

Nikola

Mac User - Latest build is more more stable that any of the previous daily build. Some issues with IR but good to see the potential in it. One note, with other daily build I would get random crashing of the plugin during renders but now after a few days of using this version that problem appears to gone. The new issue as mentioned in a few posts already is the plugin crashing at the start of a render. Strange one this though as Iv'e had a couple of days with absolutely no crashes but today I am having to restart cinema to do a new render. Seems to be quite a random issue.

Plugin is really coming on though, love using it!!

2017-10-04, 18:25:27
Reply #587

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-10-04, 19:26:54
Reply #588

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,
the next daily build (2017-10-04) of Corona for Cinema 4D Beta 1 is out.
Thank you! Looking forward to crashing trying it ;)

2017-10-04, 19:37:03
Reply #589

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Team, you also fixed the Correction Deformer issue, thx!
I'll have to find something else to complain about now - started looking already! ;)

2017-10-04, 20:02:13
Reply #590

burnin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
With Cloner geometry IR falls in limbo... loops, flashes, flickers, stutters... :)
Tested on previous & latest versions. In previous version it stopped once you start to look around.

Scene (attached): 1x cloner (with 18 x capsules), sun, sky, camera

- If IR is started from the menu bug may not appear on the first run.
- The problem appears always if IR is started from the toolbar.

Anyone can confirm?

Just open & start IR...

2017-10-04, 21:26:57
Reply #591

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Let's talk about displacement and IR.
If you start IR, displacement is calculated once and later you can move through your scene without having it re-calculated all the time. Fine so far, but: only the displacement in the viewport that is visible at the time you start IR is calculated - which shows as soon as you move to formerly not seen areas in the VP.
I appreciate it that Corona tries to calculate as little overhead as possible to speed up things, but well, this is something I wanted to mention at least :)

PS:
Changing noise in the material still is not reflected by the IR.
« Last Edit: 2017-10-04, 21:31:23 by Cinemike »

2017-10-04, 22:04:32
Reply #592

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Regarding displacement in IR, then this is how it works in Max to. IIRC this is "wanted behavior" by design to speed things up in IR.

Just to inform you and other C4D users :)

2017-10-04, 23:06:35
Reply #593

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i still got my C4D crash after i stop a render and then when i am going to render again he just crash (i am not talking about IR)

2017-10-05, 00:17:54
Reply #594

Cinemike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. Regarding displacement in IR, then this is how it works in Max to. IIRC this is "wanted behavior" by design to speed things up in IR.

Appreciated! Thank you!

2017-10-05, 08:18:59
Reply #595

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
I'm not sure if this has been reported before but the symmetry stuff isn't showing up in the IPR correctly.

Screenshots attached, its a really simple scene :)
« Last Edit: 2017-10-05, 08:41:06 by nkilar »
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-10-05, 09:14:11
Reply #596

draekser

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thank you for your work.

but now with 4 October build i can't stop and after resume a render (all scene, also just one light), C4D freeze at 'preparing scene data', IR render and final vfb render, no bug report ...

i have to go back to the old version.

2017-10-05, 09:30:22
Reply #597

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile

Yeah, this is intentionaly left out, because often displacement is what constitues the majority of the build time in some renders...

2017-10-05, 09:31:50
Reply #598

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I'm not sure if this has been reported before but the symmetry stuff isn't showing up in the IPR correctly.

Screenshots attached, its a really simple scene :)

Working on it. It's not such an easy fix, as this is a bug in C4D itself...

2017-10-05, 09:33:58
Reply #599

houska

• Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thank you for your work.

but now with 4 October build i can't stop and after resume a render (all scene, also just one light), C4D freeze at 'preparing scene data', IR render and final vfb render, no bug report ...

i have to go back to the old version.

Could you be more specific, please? What's your system specifics? When you say "i can't stop", do you mean that the stop button is greyed out or it's not doing anything for you? What do you mean by "resume a render"?

Thanks