Author Topic: Corona Image Editor for photography / older renders  (Read 2028 times)

2017-03-30, 15:27:37

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
While brilliant for denoising and using LightMix on Corona EXRs, don't forget that the CIE can also process any image saved to EXR - so older renders not saved to Corona EXR at the time, or even photography. While those don't have the info needed to use LightMix and Denoising, it does mean you can use the familiar Corona tone mapping, vignette, bloom & glare etc on any image once in EXR format. Attaching a couple of photographs where I used it in this way while the CIE was in internal testing, as possible inspiration for others to give it a go too. So much easier than loading up Photoshop to tweak things - will be awesome once curves are added to the CIE too!

And you can save and load your settings to configs, handy when you get an effect you like (and can load those into the regular Corona VFB, and vice versa, as well).

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-03-31, 11:11:45
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
So basically Corona Lightoom is on its way. ;)
Remember that you can already download and try the CIE - it is included in our latest daily build: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-daily-builds
Any feedback will be appreciated!

Meanwhile, here is a test from me:
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-03-31, 11:23:29
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Another one.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-03-31, 11:35:52
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Now, it only needs buttons "post to facebook", "post to instagram", etc... :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-03-31, 15:21:47
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I decided to do little comparison between few tonemappers that i have, PTGui, Picturenaut, ArionFX and new kid on the block - CIE. I didn't take care to achieve results as close as possible, so the output is quite varying. Even exposure doesn't match. Please do not take this test too seriously, as i haven't skill and knowledge for such test. It was just fun exercise. I opted for global tonemapping since it's CIE's only option, except fot PTGui, which has only local tonemapping to offer.

ArionFX.

+ excellent highlight recovery (rivals even local tonemapping), offers wide variety of tonemapping methods and other tools, tailored for CGI.
- small preview size, requires photoshop.

Picturenaut

+ decent highlight recovery, several tonemapping methods, free to use.
- very small preview size, tends to crash.

CIE

+ wide variety of additional tools, invaluable with cxr files, tailored for CGI, easy to use
- average highlight recovery

PTGui

+
- very inconvenient to use, extremely small preview size, below average results.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures