Author Topic: Arscom Studio - kizo - gallery  (Read 14709 times)

2017-06-08, 18:29:11
Reply #15

kizo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3DAllusions-The Butterfly Cabin - Challenge 18

These are my renders made for the contest held at 3DAllusions.Must say Im very happy I took part to the contest.I had the chance to use many of my photogrammetry experiments and develop the workflow more....not to mention how great it feels doing non commissioned work without the client interference Thanks Russell for all the effort on your side and I hope you manage to run more contests. The scene is prepared using CINEMA 4D - Maxon and rendered with Corona for Cinema 4D. I made several photogrammetry models including the beach part which was captured with a drone.I used Capturing Reality Arena software to turn photos into textured meshes Most vegetation is from Laubwerk I only made a few custom plants using 3DQUAKERS Forester plugin. The grass and some bushes are distributed usnig SurfaceSPREAD. A "Picturesque” and remote cabin living is the theme of this contest.Using the provided butterfly cabin model (made by Mike Brestel http://mikebrestel.com/arch/) Hope you like it :)

Cheers
kizo

Final entry, exterior.

After various "sketches" I picked this POV as my final entry as I felt it works the best.I decided to go for a vertical frame composition and have the roof against the sky to make it stand out.The centered frontal POV helps with that too. In contrast I tried to make the surrounding less cultivated and a bit rough but picturesque with many details. The pine tree trunks, the stone garden walls, the olive tree as well as the stump are my photogrammetry models.
The ground texture and stone on the house are custom made textures while I used a combination of textures on the wood elements of the house.The right hand wood facade is from the original file.

The trees and bushes are all Laubewerk models while the grass is made with Forester but distributed using Surfacespread.The Blackbird is a free model and very common in my area.
I used Corona for c4d 6.3 version.The scene is lit with corona sun + sky and I used light mixing to tune. The background with clouds is a photo that I added in post and I haven't done any postwork other than sharpening some parts in PS.

Final entry interior.

The same vertical frame is used here with the purpose of emphasizing the roof structure.I opted for a wide angle camera as it made some interesting composition elements.This time I wanted to avoid the obvious centered frontal shot as I figured it would be widely used.

The massive wood structure along with other wood elements and floor made me go for a contrasting outside after the storm look.
The furniture models are from several sources like Designconnected, Vizpeople and Evermotion while the fire and burnig logs is mine.The only photogrammetry elements here are the "exhibits" in the right hand shelf.

I have told the dog to keep put out of the frame but he just does what he wants. Its a free scanned 3d model from www.snaptank.com

Additional render.
I couldnt leave this one out...but I also couldn't spend more time detailing it.This completes my series.

This one was supposed to be my final but didnt made it in the end. The rock formation is a photogrammetry model done using a drone but unfortunately not detailed enough for a print size image.
The ladies are AXYZ models while the vegetation is mostly Laubwerk except the round bushes that I made using Forester

Hope you like the result :)

Cheers
kizo

2017-06-20, 14:43:07
Reply #16

kizo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

http://www.3dallusions.com/news/4495-tbc-18-winners-announced.html

so results are here :)

my entry won the 1st place and my friend and colleague Andrea Paliaga got the 3d place :)
nice score for Arscom Studio crew !!!
both using Maxon Cinema 4D, Corona Renderer Corona for Cinema 4D and Laubwerk + SurfaceSPREAD

Cheers

kizo

2017-06-22, 07:19:51
Reply #17

dartofang

• Active Users
  • @archviztutorial
    • View Profile
congrats kizo!! youve done a good job here. nice composition and vegetations.

2017-06-22, 11:59:02
Reply #18

klipanos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Superb!!!! Well done!!!

2017-06-22, 12:35:26
Reply #19

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
The photogrammetry coastline is brutal :- O !

How many pieces are that ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-06-28, 12:17:25
Reply #20

kizo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks guys! glad you like it
the coastline geometry is all one piece with one 16k texture but I used 2 versions...one for the birdeye shot and a more detailed but smaller one for the "from the sea" view

cheers
kizo