Author Topic: Texture baking prototype  (Read 13849 times)

2016-04-28, 22:22:10
Reply #60

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I see you're using max 2017, could it be just new bugs from new max? I wouldn't touch new product from Autodesk until there's at least one service pack available :]

[OFF-TOPIC] That new flat UI looks absolutely horrible. I even can't distinguish input fields from text labels. If there's no way to somehow revert to old UI, i doubt i could work with it. [/OFF-TOPIC]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2016-04-29, 00:16:02
Reply #61

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Just did some quick test and Corona saved to file even though render to files only was unchecked. That is correct behaviour.

Curious, why everyone gets different results?

Ok, after some more tests with RTT, i'm getting some cases where Corona fails to write to files too. Very strange indeed.

2016-04-29, 16:06:03
Reply #62

synthillusio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there

RTT is crucial feature for my workflow so I'm really happy it's already here! Great work Corona team!
Some notices:

1) It seems "Corona_Light" element doesn´t work. It allways renders out black map.
    (would I get beauty pass by combining light and diffuse color pass?)
2) also experienced the problem with automatic saving.
3) padding is not there. But - in all renderers I know the padding is invisible in VFB. Saved image is post-processed and has padding aplied.
4) projection mapping - crucifuckual feature for RTT, I'm really looking forward :)
5) I tried RTT whith  net render - works fine, doesn't save

2016-04-29, 16:42:17
Reply #63

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I found that if i explicitly specify path, then Corona saves file, but if i leave default path, then it doesn't. Anyone else can confirm this?

2016-04-29, 18:11:25
Reply #64

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I found that if i explicitly specify path, then Corona saves file, but if i leave default path, then it doesn't. Anyone else can confirm this?

Haven't tested in 2016 yet to compare to 2017, and not yet updated to the newest daily build before testing - but yes I see the same thing. If I even just move up one level to the sceneassets folder rather than sceneassets/images folder then it works, so it doesn't need an entirely different folder.

As a note, I did that and it worked, and keeping the scene in that state, I repainted with the base material, changed the path back to the /images folder in the RTT dialog (thinking that perhaps if it had been manually set one time, it would start working) - but it still didn't work. So could be specific to that path, whether set as a default or chosen manually.

Hope this helps!
   Tom

Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-04-29, 18:41:01
Reply #65

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Installed Apr 29 build, and ran Max 2016.

Now, in Max 2016 I have changed the default folder (apparently, I forget!), as the default path in the RTT is now pointing at a folder on my F: drive, so a completely unrelated location.

Interestingly, leaving this as the default and rendering from RTT fails to create the file. If I manually change it to another path, it works and creates the file - even if I change it to the sceneassets/images location that wasn't working before.

So it seems specifically to do with the default path only, and seems to occur in 2016 in the same way as 2017?

Hope this helps!
   Tom

2016-04-29, 18:47:05
Reply #66

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think it has something to do with the fact that by default there's only filename displayed in inpud field, whereas when you explicitly specify path, full path is displayed.

2016-05-13, 09:30:06
Reply #67

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Padding works great in RC6. Better than in scanline and much much better than in Mental Ray!

2016-05-13, 17:56:31
Reply #68

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep, looks like both issues - the padding, and the default file path - seem to be working fine from some quick tests in RC6. Excellent!

2016-05-17, 21:10:29
Reply #69

synthillusio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Corona team.

When can we expect Projection mapping?
I was so happy RTT is already here but without Projection mapping it is almost useless for me.

2017-07-13, 14:34:39
Reply #70

mike_kennedy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Second this, so need projection mapping.

WOuld any one know a good work flow for Corona and RRT.
We are padding at 32 and still getting seams showing

https://playcanv.as/b/8ypVaNs5/

The dislike of Corona for Gamma 1 is also an issue, the bakes and the scene lighting don't match well
user error I am sure, these  are our setting for exteriors

I have more info on this thread, please reply there since it was the one that got feedback.

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=16749.new;topicseen#new

« Last Edit: 2017-07-21, 18:13:09 by mike_kennedy »