Author Topic: First test renders on Sketchup  (Read 127367 times)

2015-12-06, 09:18:51

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Happy to be on board with the beta testings...

I think at least 2 basic trays / toolboxes need to be created :

1. Corona materials toolbox (with along with emitter materials, SSS, combo materials, etc,).
2. Environment settings (HDRI skies, camera settings, sketchup's 2 point perspective camera match integration)

3. a possible future one could be batch rendering with time limit, plus DR network, and animation settings.

« Last Edit: 2015-12-24, 10:59:47 by spadestick »

2015-12-06, 12:27:07
Reply #1

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
another quick test...

sketchup has no native "reflection" setting under its materials toolbox - in fact it has nothing only a setting at 100% diffuse and transparency + colour blend, so often programs create their own to tether alongside the assigned material, and allowing the extra info to be saved into the main ".skp" file. I'm not sure how Corona will be doing this, but it definitely needs to be done.

2015-12-07, 16:24:42
Reply #2

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing your thoughts and renders.

Material editor is planned for the near future. It probably won't be nearly as powerfull as the material editors in Max or C4D (not soon anyway), but there will definitely be more options than what SketchUp offers by default. We will probably be designing the material editor soon (in the following weeks), so any input on that topic will be more than welcome (best to start another thread with proper name for that).

Yes, all Corona data will be saved into the SketchUp .skp file. In fact the render settings are saved there already so if you save the scene after rendering, you should see the render options restored the next time you render the scene. If the settings are not restored, please report that as bug.

sketchup's 2 point perspective camera match integration

What exactly do you mean by that? The 2pt perspective should be fully supported (in case the current viewport camera is set to 2pt when the render is started). I see no reason to have that option in render settings when this is specified on SketchUp camera. Did I miss something in its implementation or is it sometimes needed to enable/disable the 2pt perspective mode just for rendering?

2015-12-08, 12:37:43
Reply #3

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Ryuu,

I'm really really glad that you have a responsive and awesome team on board to develop Corona for Sketchup.

I do apologize! I didn't test the 2pt perspective as I was burnt too many times with the other renderers not having it I simply assumed (my bad), just tried it and this is indeed wonderful!

Also, I'd like to report that even Skatter is on board with you guys...

2015-12-08, 12:52:07
Reply #4

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
No need to apologize. It may actually be my fault that I didn't realize that the 2pt perspective support is something special and should be advertised :)

Skatter uses pretty universal SketchUp API, so any other plugins using the same API should be supported as well. Skatter is however the only such plugin we have tested so far, so if you find Corona working with some other similar plugins, please let us know, so that we can include them in our internal testing. Big thanks to Thomas Hauchecorne (Skatter developer) for helping us integrating its support into our SketchUp plugin.

2015-12-09, 17:00:56
Reply #5

Ang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi to all, first test, I´m very excited!!
It´s incredible to have corona in sketchup. Its not as far as corona alpha in 3DMAX but this promises.
Skatter doesn´t work on my sketchup 2015 with corona, I will try again.
I have had problem with textures because corona doesn´t recognize some textures and change the dimensions of these
And with large files sketchup has closed. Files over 200Mb.
« Last Edit: 2015-12-09, 17:19:19 by Angel G »
2 xeon 2658 / i7 5820K /i7 3770

2015-12-10, 14:30:28
Reply #6

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Whoa that's a huge scene. Have you tried the clean up tool by thomthom?
With regards to dimensions of textures, I never scale any of my objects unless I know that is it a solid flat colour. Scales must be reset or the textures will stretch with them. Also you'll probably need to edit the component and mass paint component down to the faces or the textures won't register. I keep all my textures under 640pixels and currently as jpegs unless PNG is required for transparent textures, so that the file size remains small.

2015-12-11, 13:57:17
Reply #7

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Skatter doesn´t work on my sketchup 2015 with corona, I will try again.

Works for me in SketchUp 2015 (I didn't test it in 2016 though). If you could send me some test scene, I'll try to find the problem.

I have had problem with textures because corona doesn´t recognize some textures and change the dimensions of these

This is a known bug. For some objects the texture is scaled down. I haven't been able to resolve this issue yet, unfortunately. But as a work around, you can explode the group with incorrect texture and then recreate it again. This fixes the problem (at least it did for me on each occasion I encountered this issue).

And with large files sketchup has closed. Files over 200Mb.

The largest SketchUp file I have seen yet is around 20 MB. If you were willing to share such scenes with us, that would be great for our internal performance and stability testing.

2015-12-13, 23:45:21
Reply #8

Ang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Spadestick I have used clean up but it´s too slow with big scenes and I don´t usually use it.
Hi Ryun, I will send you a test scene with scatter. Respect the textures I will try to explode the group and recreate it.
Yes, of course I can share with you a scene to test it. One more thing: with heavy scenes when I run corona sometimes sketchup has been closed.
One question, where I can share you the scene?

This week I will do some test, I haven´t had enough time yet.
Cheers
« Last Edit: 2015-12-13, 23:56:38 by Angel G »

2015-12-14, 13:44:55
Reply #9

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
One question, where I can share you the scene?

You can use this private uploader to share data with us: https://corona-renderer.com/upload/

2015-12-18, 23:00:01
Reply #10

Ang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
New interior and exterior test
« Last Edit: 2015-12-18, 23:49:24 by Angel Galera »

2015-12-19, 12:40:35
Reply #11

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
super promising!

2015-12-21, 15:17:46
Reply #12

henyaoi

• Users
    • View Profile
I use a lot of high poly modeles (made in SketchUp with Artisan subdivision plugin or imported from 3ds Max) and my usually scene is about 150-200 MB.

2015-12-22, 11:11:20
Reply #13

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
are you on the beta testing?

2015-12-22, 12:12:24
Reply #14

henyaoi

• Users
    • View Profile
are you on the beta testing?