Chaos Scatter > [Scatter] Feature Requests

Chaos Scatter playground

<< < (2/5) > >>

Jpjapers:
I dont know how feasible/in-scope this is but some form of heavily regimented 'scatter' would be really useful. The ability to produce real tiles/brick walls/cladding in various standardised patterns purely through a scatter without needing to use railclone would be huge. I went looking for a script to do a basic running bond brick wall on a spline from an array of objects last week and railclone seemed to be the only option.

GeorgeK:

--- Quote from: arqrenderz on 2021-12-09, 22:42:32 ---A very nice feature is to have the ability to scatter along a spline vertex, We use it all the time to fill balconies with plants and furniture.
Draw a vertical spline, divide it for the number  of floors asign to a forest and you have all your balconies ready.

--- End quote ---

Thank you for this, I am reporting it as a feature request.

--- Quote from: Jpjapers on 2021-12-09, 23:42:28 ---I dont know how feasible/in-scope this is but some form of heavily regimented 'scatter' would be really useful. The ability to produce real tiles/brick walls/cladding in various standardised patterns purely through a scatter without needing to use railclone would be huge. I went looking for a script to do a basic running bond brick wall on a spline from an array of objects last week and railclone seemed to be the only option.

--- End quote ---

I believe we've had an idea like this logged already, let me please check and get back with you.

(Internal ID=809281139)

Jpjapers:
Thanks George, If thats the case im really looking forward to not having to buy railclone just for doing tiles!

Bjoershol:
+1

I can get by using the free version of Railclone for basic stuff like tiles and cladding, but having to manually draw splines for each wall is a huge time sink. Most of the time geometry from CAD programs is a complete mess, so being able to scatter on unclean / broken geometry would be extremely nice.

Basshunter:
Hi guys!

Any plan to add an Edge Mode for creating clean edges like in Forest Pack pro?
This is super necessary when scattering grass.

https://www.itoosoft.com/tutorials/edge-mode

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version