Author Topic: How to save multiple files from VFB  (Read 2998 times)

2017-08-16, 10:52:34

fla

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello everybody,

I've just started out testing Corona's amazing LightMix feature.
However I have a question regarding saving finalized renders as .cxr in situations where I use "Stage object" to render multiple camera shots in a single project.
Under "Render settings/Save" there's not an option for .cxr. The only way to save it is directly from VFB, but in VFB I'm able to see only the last image rendered.
Is there a way I can open all imagse from my "Picture viewer" in the "VFB viewer"?

Thanks a lot,
matej 

2017-08-16, 14:36:30
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Can you describe some more about how you are using the stage object to render multiple camera shots?

In any case, to allow saving .cxr in the render settings, we'd have to be able to save it in other situations as well, like if you have a history of renders in the picture viewer. But in the latter case, the data needed for .cxr is already lost. This means that we'd need to make some more changes than simply implementing the saving functionality.

So, eventually, we'll implement it, but there's no plan for it right now. In the meatime, maybe we can find out another way to do what you need. Alternatively, you should be able to use the new autosave functionality that is planned in the nearest releases.

2017-08-16, 18:02:18
Reply #2

fla

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks, @houska.

So the way I use stage object for multiple cameras in one scene is using keyframing. On keyframe "0" I put first camera in the "Camera" field of the Stage object, then I bake the KeyFrame. Then I move on frame "1! where I put my second camera in the "Camera" field of the Stage object, and so on....until I put all my scenes cameras to the Stage object.
Then I render all the frames as animationa, from frame 0 to let's say frame "5" for the scene with 6 different scene cameras.
This was I get out 6 stills.

The reason I'm using this method instead of batch rendering is that I get the visual indication of the progression of the rendering for each frame (even before the frame is finished) - bare in mind that I render each frame for a few hours (if there is a mistake under batch rendering I can't see it until the frame is completely finished...with Stage object I can see the mistake right away).

History of all renders in VFB would solve that problem yes! At the moment there is only the last rendered frame in the VFB viewer.
What exactly would the Autosave function do? Save each frame separately?

thanks a lot,
matej

2017-08-17, 11:15:45
Reply #3

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
matej, I wonder if the Takes feature in C4D would help you with your workflow :-)

In any case, autosaving will work the same way it does in 3dsMax, which from what I've been told is periodically saving each render for backup and also saving each frame at the end of rendering.

2017-08-17, 13:40:25
Reply #4

fla

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the info @houska!
What time may we expect the update with this feature included?

regards.
matej