Author Topic: Corona Material/Lights Converter (legacy)  (Read 1088687 times)

2016-09-26, 11:53:33
Reply #960

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Only the checkbox. I tried to come up with a solution on how to replace the old glossiness conversion curves with new ones but I was unsuccessful =/ (Actually the problem is how to determine what kind of curve it is, not the replacement itself)
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2016-09-26, 11:58:04
Reply #961

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Only the checkbox. I tried to come up with a solution on how to replace the old glossiness conversion curves with new ones but I was unsuccessful =/ (Actually the problem is how to determine what kind of curve it is, not the replacement itself)

I would be perfectly happy if it didn't care for what curve it was, I don't have single material where I used curve output in this way other the one you use in converter.

Would you be willing to do such brute-force side-script ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-09-26, 12:05:16
Reply #962

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Well, that's exactly the problem. I'm mostly talking about my own curves. There are different ones for Blinn and GGX (+ older versions of these). I simply can't determine what kind of curve it is (at least not without making a very ugly workaround which will be slow as f***, thanks to some maxscript limitations). So I'd have to replace all output curves blindly - and nobody would want me to do that, myself included.

2016-09-26, 12:06:42
Reply #963

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I would. Would you be willing to just write such code ? I'll gladly pay.

I don't care what mistakes it will do. Major materials I convert myself. The rest I just want for piece of mind.

Although there would still need to be some way to decide how to add back reflectivity, blindly setting IOR would bypass metals and mats where curve way used instead of IOR, like whole designconnected crap.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2016-09-26, 12:11:45
Reply #964

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
I can do a "custom solution" if I know what kind of curves/materials you have in your scene. Unfortunately I cannot start until at least the end of the week (Sunday probably). We have a deadline coming and I can't spare any time for anything else right now.

2016-09-26, 12:13:46
Reply #965

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I can do a "custom solution" if I know what kind of curves/materials you have in your scene. Unfortunately I cannot start until at least the end of the week (Sunday probably). We have a deadline coming and I can't spare any time for anything else right now.

Sure anytime, next month, whatever, no hurry whatsoever :- ).

2016-09-26, 18:08:25
Reply #966

Nik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • HQ Details
Juraj_Talcik
Hi. I'm not sure that my Corona PBR Glossy Converter is exactly what you need, but did you saw it?
It converts glossy values (not maps) from 1.4 to 1.5 and reverse. Bruteforce or based on PBR state.

LUT is from Dubcat's post, and it's very precise. I converted my metal shaders library and difference in glossy was very small between 1.4 and 1.5

2016-09-26, 19:14:54
Reply #967

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Juraj_Talcik
Hi. I'm not sure that my Corona PBR Glossy Converter is exactly what you need, but did you saw it?
It converts glossy values (not maps) from 1.4 to 1.5 and reverse. Bruteforce or based on PBR state.

LUT is from Dubcat's post, and it's very precise. I converted my metal shaders library and difference in glossy was very small between 1.4 and 1.5

Hi,

no I didn't. Care to link ?

2016-09-26, 19:32:02
Reply #968

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The Converter name is a link :)

2016-09-26, 20:51:02
Reply #969

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
The Converter name is a link :)

Ah, thanks :- ) Was browsing in black themed Edge and it hides such stuff.

2016-10-05, 00:06:37
Reply #970

noctixz

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys,

I'm new to the forum, but I have some questions about the corona converter that I need help with.

I've used the converter before, a few months back, but recently after coming back from summer vacation I tried using the converter again for a new project I was working on but the converter window just doesn't come up. Some times I see it pop up but instant closes by itself.
I have the 2016 3DS corona 1.4 and the converter is 1.26. Can anyone help me out with figuring this thing out? I really need to use the converter.

Thanks guys

2016-10-05, 16:10:45
Reply #971

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is this also happening if you just drag and drop the .ms file into your viewport? By default it is in \3ds Max 20xx\scripts\CoronaRenderer
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2016-10-05, 16:48:06
Reply #972

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
You can try deleting this ini file here:
C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Autodesk\3dsMax\2014 - 64bit\ENU\en-US\plugcfg\CoronaConverter.ini
It will reset all converter settings to default, including the position where it opens. Let me know if it helped :)

2016-10-12, 17:10:54
Reply #973

frank

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,
I'm new in this forum but I use Corona since 2 years.
I use Corona Converter and it's great. But, do you know if it's possible to convert Corona materials to standard materials ?
I create all my scènes with Corona but sometimes, I have to export to Unity. And so, I've to convert all materials in standard.
How do you process ?
Thank you.
Frank

2016-10-12, 17:43:00
Reply #974

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Frank. I'm in the same boat (working with Unity). Deadclowns converter can't convert Corona materials to standard materials, but there is a commercial converter called UMC (Universal Material Converter) that can do this. So far that's the only converter I have found that can do this. It works well, but it's not free - but not too expensive either.

Hope it helps