Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Resolved Bugs

crash (freeze) when rendering to PV.

(1/1)

davetwo:
Hallo. Actually this has been a problem for years. I never bothered reporting it as it was more of an inconvenience than catastrophic....

Very often I'm working in the Interactive Viewport - then when I'm happy with the result I press Render To Picture Viewer without first aborting the Initeractve Viewport. This causes C4D to freeze up and I need to quit from the task manager.

It happens frequently but not all the time. Doesn't seem to be file specific.

Beanzvision:
Hi there, are you able to share the crash report if one get's generated? Or perhaps a video of this happening? Is there a reason why you send it to the PV rather than the VFB? The last point is merely out of curiosity. Thanks.

davetwo:
There's no crash report - it just freezes forcing me to 'hard' quit.
I render to PV as I want to save out a layered 16bit file, which is impossible from the VFB as far as I know.

TomG:
In the event of a freeze, you can force create a dump, see https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4648898278545-How-to-report-issues-C4D#h_01FDY55JCQMR188S36A1F0SS1T

Beanzvision:

--- Quote from: davetwo on 2023-01-23, 16:40:41 ---There's no crash report - it just freezes forcing me to 'hard' quit.
I render to PV as I want to save out a layered 16bit file, which is impossible from the VFB as far as I know.

--- End quote ---
It's possible this way:

And in PS:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version