Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Resolved Bugs

Global Volume not working properly in Corona 7 and 8

<< < (2/3) > >>

Misha_80:
May bee its physically correct  but it  looks  bad.
And when i want to do  " tasty "  volume (mist)  effect  its  unuseful .
In many  cases its better  to have  " tasty " picture  than  very physically correct.

Spectator who  will look on my 3D picture not appreciate very physically correct , he prefer juicy (tasty) picture.
( sorry for english )

Can you  return  v6  algorithm  ?

TomG:
But it doesn't have to look bad - "try lowering or increasing the "enviro distance" in the development/experimental stuff rollout" and let us know how you get on. This should give you the best of both worlds, a physically correct and error-free volume, with the look you are after too :)

aler:

--- Quote from: Misha_80 on 2022-04-28, 20:20:52 ---May bee its physically correct  but it  looks  bad.
And when i want to do  " tasty "  volume (mist)  effect  its  unuseful .
In many  cases its better  to have  " tasty " picture  than  very physically correct.

--- End quote ---
+1 :)

--- Quote from: maru on 2022-04-28, 18:08:55 ---You can try lowering or increasing the "enviro distance" in the development/experimental stuff rollout that I mentioned in my previous post. It should be able to get results similar to pre-V7 versions of Corona this way.

--- End quote ---
Would not like to use this mode in vain, ...besides it doesn't do anything.
Here's a very quick test - everything is visually.

Misha_80:

--- Quote ---If you make the box object bigger OR if you lower the enviro distance value, you should get similar results.
--- End quote ---

I have already tried it. Big box and changing "enviro distance"( for global volume) .
Its not changing anything.
Volume attached to box looking much better.
Global volume  still looking bad and unuseful now.

burnin:
I too see this environmental behavior still incorrect and hard to use (for lack of control), but is getting closer.

Couple of things missing I'd like to see:

1. Dependent on gravity, atmosphere gets thinner w/ altitude. (this can be fully automated as both supported apps have gravity settings)

2. Dependent on molecules it also gets different coloration (alike what Turbulence does to Sky and it could also be automated - driven by sky + customized with SSS features: Absorption & Scattering) 

3. Dependent on humidity, semi-automated since it could be controlled with Anisotropy/Direction, based on Sun & Camera/Eye position - a rainbow...

;) you can do it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version