Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Resolved Bugs

V8. Volume Grid crashes C4D

<< < (3/3)

JPeters:
We have the same issue more or less.

C4D R25
Corona 8 Hotfix 1 (and final as well)

We can load a VDB file file, make a scene with it, change the material around etc.
Then, when we save the file and close the scene it crashes when we try to re-open the file we just saved.

The weird thing is, if we save it right after importing the VDB it seems to load fine, but once we go about tweaking it a bit (materials, possibly positional keyframes etc.) it crashes on trying to re-open the file.

We are loading the VDB files from the network, I'll try putting it on my desktop to see if that works.

Edit: It would seem that it works when I put the VDB files on the desktop, but it crashes when the VDB files are on the network. Perhaps investigate this tangent further internally?

Edit2: When the VDB file is on the desktop, when we try to render the scene on our internal Web-Based-Interface render farm, *all* render clients crash because they obviously don't have the VDB file on the desktop.

Beanzvision:

--- Quote from: JPeters on 2022-07-20, 16:26:09 ---We have the same issue more or less.

C4D R25

We can load a VDB file file, make a scene with it, change the material around etc.
Then, when we save the file and close the scene it crashes when we try to re-open the file we just saved.

The weird thing is, if we save it right after importing the VDB it seems to load fine, but once we go about tweaking it a bit (materials, possibly positional keyframes etc.) it crashes on trying to re-open the file.

We are loading the VDB files from the network, I'll try putting it on my desktop to see if that works.

Edit: It would seem that it works when I put the VDB files on the desktop, but it crashes when the VDB files are on the network. Perhaps investigate this tangent further internally?

Edit2: When the VDB file is on the desktop, when we try to render the scene on our internal Web-Based-Interface render farm, *all* render clients crash because they obviously don't have the VDB file on the desktop.

--- End quote ---

Hi there, where is the VDB being downloaded from? Can you please send us a support ticket using the link in my signature below? Please add as much info as possible and even a scene that we can test out. That would be great! ;)

JPeters:

--- Quote from: Beanzvision on 2022-07-21, 09:46:26 ---
--- Quote from: JPeters on 2022-07-20, 16:26:09 ---We have the same issue more or less.

C4D R25

--- End quote ---

Hi there, where is the VDB being downloaded from? Can you please send us a support ticket using the link in my signature below? Please add as much info as possible and even a scene that we can test out. That would be great! ;)

--- End quote ---

I've sent a support ticket with the forum title thread as subject, it has a C4D file and also the download link for the VDB.

Cheers!

Beanzvision:
Thanks and replied! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version