Author Topic: Impressed with v7 Stability  (Read 1898 times)

2020-12-10, 16:58:04

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So far, I'm happy to say v7 latest daily build has been very stable for me. Even better is the performance of the Interactive Rendering feature. Even on this old Trashcan™ Mac Pro, I'm able to navigate my scene with pretty snappy updates in the IR window.

Now let's fix or add those features that have been lingering for ages so you can honestly call this a "new" version. Oh yeah, and the sample library and a full help system, and... Just trying to motivate. ;-)

Mac OS 10.15.7 Calatina, 2013 Mac "Pro", Cinema 4D r20

2020-12-11, 08:39:54
Reply #1

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

thank you for the kind words!
Don't worry, we're dutifully working on constantly improving Corona, and identifying and prioritizing fixes and/or features to bring to you guys.

Thanks again,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2020-12-11, 21:41:59
Reply #2

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
is the non 2,5 displacement options back in v7?

before that i cant use it (2.5 not works for me most time)

thanks!
Stefan

2020-12-14, 09:30:41
Reply #3

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello Stefan,

we have disabled the old displacement system and replaced it with 2.5D and we have no intentions to bring the old system back in the future and instead focus on the new solution and fix it wherever necessary. If you're having significant issues with the 2.5, please, submit a bug report/create a bug report thread on the forums explaining your issue so that we can tackle it.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2020-12-14, 21:06:33
Reply #4

lollolo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm pleased with v7 too!

What was the reason to disable the old displacement? I understand that it's easier for you to just improve the new displacement, but why not just leave the old as it is and mark it as experimental?
Anyway, not a big thing for me as the new one is quite stable. I'm just wondering :)

Another question - When will we get the new PBR material to play? Will you develop it first in Max and then later to c4d or can we expect it earlier?

2020-12-20, 11:42:59
Reply #5

Stefan-L

• Active Users
    • View Profile
mmarcotic:

yes after the holidays i can select you someexamples,basicalyit not work sinmny scenarios for me(2,5 d)

we use displacement inmanymaterials,often slightlybut it does lookalot better thannormalmaps. there with 2.5 d i always get a line where the displacement look changes,like it swicthes from real displaceent to normalmap or somelike this, but very visible.

then we also often have isues with fine displacment lineslike for roofs, smal gaps in facades etc.

i under stand the concept and iea and it is great,so i hopeyou can fix it, the vray 2d displacment for examplewealso use altime,it is similr speed and doesn produce these artifacts. i hope the 2,5 displacement in corona goes in tat direction, as i prefer corona im mean wile over vray in certain tasks, so keep on going the good work and nice implementation into c4d!:)

Stefan