Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

Region improvements

(1/3) > >>

RecentSpacesSam:
Hey guys

Something we often do when rendering single objects (e.g. minor updates to a material that don't require a full render) we often find that the render goes faster if we put a corona region around the object in question in the frame buffer rather than letting the entire thing render. Not sure why - maybe something to do with the noise level calculation?

Anyway, for super-duper noise calculating speediness the tighter this region is to the object in question the better.

I would love it if you guys could add something similar to VRay's render mask texture (where you basically draw an alpha of what to render) or perhaps implement some kind of subtractive region?

I'd love to know if others would find these features useful too, or if it's just me.

aaouviz:
+1

Agreed, this'd be very handy.

(not sure if you forgot to mention or not, but did you mean the "render goes faster" for region as opposed to doing a "Render selected"?)

maru:
For this you can use a combination of "Clear VFB" off (in Render Setup > System) and Area to render: region + "auto region selected" in Render Setup > Common.

This will automatically draw a 3ds Max region around your selected object and won't erase the previous rendering.

I hope it helps. If not really, I would be interested to learn more (what exactly is not working and what you would like to achieve instead).

aaouviz:

--- Quote from: maru on 2022-11-15, 14:44:15 ---For this you can use a combination of "Clear VFB" off (in Render Setup > System) and Area to render: region + "auto region selected" in Render Setup > Common.

--- End quote ---

Wow, you really do learn something new every day.

maru:
3ds Max is great at hiding useful features. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version