Author Topic: Render Legion and Corona Join Forces with Chaos Group  (Read 87940 times)

2017-08-26, 13:47:18
Reply #60

speltospel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • closeupvisual.com
Something genius pushed you (corona team) to create a Corona.
And something maximal stupid pushed the sell of the Chaos Group.

I do not believe that people who created the Corona. So mercantile. I did not follow the rumors and this news greatly upset me. Because the crown is the only product for the development of which I was happy.

In disputes with friends, I always put your team and Corona as an example. How did you beat vray. You just destroyed it. And now sold? and all this for the sake of money? you write that everything will remain as before. then why this deal?

in 1-2 years. you would have bought a vray. to finally destroy it.
you had everything in your hands...
« Last Edit: 2017-08-26, 13:52:47 by speltospel »

2017-08-26, 13:54:25
Reply #61

sebastian___

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe the future is not that dark. It's not like they are a monopoly now and can rest and not innovate anymore. There's a lot of competition still. Arnold, and Fstorm and others.

If they would try to eliminate Corona in a few years, probably another rendering solution would pop up at some point.
Mixing the two in one single package would result maybe in a bloated and too complex plugin.

The only thing I would not like to see, is Corona becoming even simpler, focusing on good things like speed, but eliminating vfx oriented features. In order to not compete or overlap with Vray too much.

2017-08-26, 14:14:45
Reply #62

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Think about Autodesk buying Alias (Maya, StudioTools...) and let it live beside 3dsmax...
and what they do for improving? nothing. all stuff in 3d max to old, particles work at single core and many others too. Rewriting project was abandon.
And how many soft they close, stitcher unlimited for example what i used.
Brazil r\s from splutterfish was closed too, it was nice render engine

2017-08-26, 14:16:01
Reply #63

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The only thing I would not like to see, is Corona becoming even simpler,
Thats the reason why corona is so popular though -_-

2017-08-26, 14:20:36
Reply #64

apjasko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What does this mean for the pricing model of Corona? V-Ray's pricing is outrageous. Primarily with the cost of additional render nodes. There's other concerns I have but I find it strange there has been no mention of the affected price. Which I'm sure was part of whatever negotiations occurred.

2017-08-26, 14:33:35
Reply #65

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The only thing I would not like to see, is Corona becoming even simpler,
Thats the reason why corona is so popular though -_-

I'm more concerned that Corona the would be much more complicated than now, after all this mergers,  And it will have menu switches like: -------
Default/Advances/Expert -------- in all tabs :))))
Already one presence of DMC sampler adds in render settings at least 5 new positions and switches/////////////

2017-08-26, 14:42:24
Reply #66

sprayer

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm more concerned that Corona the would be much more complicated than now
Yes we need just one Render button what will read our mind and render what we want =D

2017-08-26, 14:55:41
Reply #67

mrittman

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.mattrittman.com
Pricing of Corona will go way up. Updates will slow way down. Eventually they'll merge the two renderers. I mean in the end, why would they need to develop two? Let's be honest here.

This has probably been in the works for a while now. Probably why updates to the C4D version have slowed way down. Such a shame. I had high hopes for this renderer :(

2017-08-26, 16:46:32
Reply #68

warlock

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Vray users are very happy now, laughing at us. Corona users are not. Devs are rich, Vray is number one "again"...

2017-08-26, 16:55:44
Reply #69

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
I really welcome this move, Corona will have the resources to progress (please dont become a big bloated companny that dont move becouse of burocracy)
vray has an insane amount of support from developers, and corona will have too!!
if corona dont dissaper under their hood, i really like this.

2017-08-26, 17:30:19
Reply #70

erkuttaner

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Just don't make rendering pain again :(

2017-08-26, 17:41:40
Reply #71

nesha_2

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Seems like that. Sad but true.

2017-08-26, 18:36:46
Reply #72

blank...

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona, two versions from now:

For a low low price of 2000€ (per year)!

2017-08-26, 18:44:02
Reply #73

felixstrasser

• Users
    • View Profile
As a long-time Maxwell user i came across Corona in late 2014. Love at first sight. The quality was almost comparable, but with rendering times waaayyy shorter. Please keep up with the nonchalant way of artist-driven development!
I saw a few friendly acquisitions in my CG career (more than 20 years). Most of them ended with the termination of the product (thinking of splutterfish(brazil) etc.). Hopefully not. 
« Last Edit: 2017-08-26, 18:54:06 by felixstrasser »

2017-08-26, 18:55:46
Reply #74

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
Congratulations to the Corona team! I just hope Chaos doesn't over complicate the simplicity of Corona.
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB