Author Topic: Blender + Corona Study  (Read 4780 times)

2017-03-30, 12:32:18

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Everyone,

as a long time max-user I made some tests in order to get deeper into the blender-corona combo. for several reasons, main reason is to be a bit more flexible dcc wise... *ahem*

For those more interested I wrote small blog on how to get started (nothing special, just compiled some ressources).
But at least I wrote some conclusion - if there is something conclusive to to say yet :D

http://xoio-air.de/2017/blender-corona-renderer/

Many thanks to blanchg and ohsnapitsjoel for that great work on the exporter!

best wishes
Lasse

2017-03-30, 12:56:07
Reply #1

ask3r

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great study & article, thanks!
I am also long time max user, but I experimenting with Blender and I've done some projects  in Blender- products renderings/animations.
If you learn Blender shortucts - the UI is comfortable. It's just different than max:)

2017-03-30, 13:37:21
Reply #2

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great study & article, thanks!
I am also long time max user, but I experimenting with Blender and I've done some projects  in Blender- products renderings/animations.
If you learn Blender shortucts - the UI is comfortable. It's just different than max:)

well - yes this is very true. it is just different. i don't know how you experienced it: but for me it took very short time to adapt. commands are "kind of" logical and very easy to memorize, once you understood the principles :)

2017-03-30, 13:53:41
Reply #3

leocv

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My behance portfolio
Very good Lasse.
Great article as well, thanks for sharing it.
I need to give Blender + Corona a try someday, it seems a very good alternative. :)

Cheers,
Leo.
KISS Principle
Keep it simple, stupid!

www.behance.net/leonardovieira

2017-03-30, 15:35:47
Reply #4

ask3r

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hehe I have bigger rescpect for that you have been able to render so good interior shots with Cycles THAN all Corona part mentioned in this article;)
If you post your article on blender forums you'll get a lot of attention - because it's rare to see cycles interior renderings on this level.
Maybe more Blender people will try out Corona for Blender? and it will boost finding issues etc.
« Last Edit: 2017-03-30, 15:41:24 by ask3r »

2017-03-30, 16:15:11
Reply #5

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
haha, thank you :D
actually the cycles renders are very grainy, you just don't see it because theyre scaled down to 40% :D
they ran 10000 samples on my machine which i put 2x 1070 in for this experiment. took as long as the corona renders (5k 8hrs).
but still very grainy. I tried a lot of things they are suggesting on the blender forums; like clamping etc.. but well - the grain persists.
I suspect the fact cycles is missing all kind of lightcaching, but for that i am not technical enough - so it is just vague speculation.

yes, maybe i walk over to the blenderartist forum :D curious

L

2017-04-03, 17:29:16
Reply #6

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
of course: because this is part of corona it is also possible to render the stereoscopic (VR) panos with corona+blender.

check this little test http://bit.ly/2nAOThv

cheers
L

2017-04-04, 17:31:35
Reply #7

warlock

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice topic and great renders...

Yes guys, Blender is best 3d software believe me and with Corona, it is great...

You may want to see our test renders for new Corona for Blender...  ;)

2017-04-05, 19:33:23
Reply #8

lasse1309

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Nice topic and great renders...

Yes guys, Blender is best 3d software believe me and with Corona, it is great...

You may want to see our test renders for new Corona for Blender...  ;)

:D where can we see it?