Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Daily Builds

Render resolution changed in IR questions

(1/4) > >>

fabio81:
Hi,

I think this feature can create slowdown problems with 4K monitors.
Until today I have always used a 900x600 resolution and displayed at 200% (2:1), in this way I had a higher calculation speed and a good video display.
Now however with this new function (Daily Build 2023-05-30) to keep the same size of the VFB, it renders me at 2200px with of course a big drop in performance.
I'd like to get an opinion from those who use 4K monitors and understand if I'm missing something, maybe there's a way to fix it.
Thank you

Beanzvision:
Hi there, unfortunately, I do not have a 4K monitor but are you also using the maximum resolution to limit it in the Corona preferences? Just curious ;)

fabio81:
Hi,

yes, I put 900 but it seems that nothing changes.
Perhaps it would be useful to bring the Image upscaling factor to 0.5 but below the value 1 it doesn't go down

Nejc Kilar:

--- Quote from: fabio81 on 2023-05-31, 09:57:16 ---Hi,

yes, I put 900 but it seems that nothing changes.
Perhaps it would be useful to bring the Image upscaling factor to 0.5 but below the value 1 it doesn't go down

--- End quote ---

Hey Fabio,

If I understand you correctly I think what you want to do here is to set the Image Upscaling Factor to 2 or higher.

If you do set it to 2 then Corona will take, for example, a 1280x720 image and upscale it to 2560x1440 size for you. It will still be rendering at 1280x720 but the output you'll see in the IR will be double the size as Corona will duplicate the pixels for you.

fabio81:
Hi Nejc!

yes the upscaling works correctly but I have the problem of not having a full image, in fact the horizontal and vertical scroll bars appear. And if I try to zoom in they appear again.
I think right now there is no way to fix it

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version