Author Topic: Juraj's Renderings thread  (Read 486845 times)

2017-11-21, 17:47:34
Reply #570

mikedugenio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I sucked into the hype immediately seeing the danish 'sfære'.. The teaser page setup looks really good, really exciting to see what the fuck it is. :D

But try to stray away from the cliché of first announcing it on Christmas. Can't handle that.

2017-11-21, 17:56:57
Reply #571

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
You're on right path :- ).

I would never publish anything on Christmas. This year, about week and half before Christmas, we'll close the office and no one will hear anything from me until mid January.
Family time is lot more important than clients, work or anything else.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2017-11-25, 14:19:12
Reply #572

hkezer

• Active Users
  • kezerco
    • View Profile
Hey mate, I have a question,

Right now me and my friend are trying to make a collaborative work, We installed and setup every model in 3d connector, and now we are trying to make the siger shaders for our user library, but we are not sure if we should use like D:/dropbox/maps, or do you think its better to use D:/dropbox/textures/wood/plainwood/...  we are creating every single material we have and most of them are albedo and glossiness jpeg, normal and displacement 16bit tiff (as we just got zapatas bundle :))

Our purpose is to get everything on dropbox on drive S so we can work freely from everywhere only with the max file.

And we know that you are one of the most systematic person in here :) do you have any other suggestion?
http://kezer.co

co-founder @ ivaBOX

2017-11-25, 14:26:28
Reply #573

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi,

I in fact never setup online collaborative system yet, but I know the Swedish boys do. They use Connecter together with Dropbox in little bit unorthodox way that I can't really describe (I think catalogue is online but assets are distributed).

As organization goes, I do use the "textures/TypeOfTextures/etc.." nomenclature.

You can btw use Connecter for materials too. I didn't set that up yet for myself but I plan in nearest future.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2017-11-25, 20:48:29
Reply #574

hkezer

• Active Users
  • kezerco
    • View Profile
I see, i actually ask because I know you wrote somewhere you use sigershaders across the network, thats why I wondered, and I had some problems before with the location of textures, so maybe shorter is better.. I dont know. But it looks like you dont do like that, so we will see :) thanks
http://kezer.co

co-founder @ ivaBOX

2017-12-05, 03:53:44
Reply #575

tharik8six3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, Juraj's. I'm Very inspired your Corona renders views and thank for shared your skills. Can you share your camera setting and Image filter? are you using standard camera or corona camera?

2017-12-05, 12:30:08
Reply #576

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Hi Tharik,

I am using 3dsMax Physical camera. I don't trust Corona camera yet (esp. because of the reports the shifting/tilting behaves differently and not in good/correct way).

I don't use photographic settings (f-stop, shutter, ISO) despite being avid photographer :- ). I adjust EV until the brightness is good. I adjust DOF separately.

I use the default Tent=2px filter. It's not particularly doing anything interesting, I wonder if there is something better out there (in world of research).

2017-12-07, 10:25:35
Reply #578

tharik8six3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Tharik,

I am using 3dsMax Physical camera. I don't trust Corona camera yet (esp. because of the reports the shifting/tilting behaves differently and not in good/correct way).

I don't use photographic settings (f-stop, shutter, ISO) despite being avid photographer :- ). I adjust EV until the brightness is good. I adjust DOF separately.

I use the default Tent=2px filter. It's not particularly doing anything interesting, I wonder if there is something better out there (in world of research).

Thank you Juraj's :)

2017-12-15, 12:02:20
Reply #579

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Some time ago I wrote article that is now online if you're in a reading mood :- ). It took me many bathtub meditations to put my thoughts together coherently (thinking&writing really does hurt) so I hope it was worth it.

""So goes a proverb: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and he will never ask "What HDRi/LUT did you use?" ever again."

http://www.cgarchitect.com/2017/12/business-in-arch-viz-vol-10---finding-your-look

2017-12-15, 19:11:09
Reply #580

mase

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Some time ago I wrote article that is now online if you're in a reading mood :- ). It took me many bathtub meditations to put my thoughts together coherently (thinking&writing really does hurt) so I hope it was worth it.

""So goes a proverb: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and he will never ask "What HDRi/LUT did you use?" ever again."

http://www.cgarchitect.com/2017/12/business-in-arch-viz-vol-10---finding-your-look

Superb article, Juraj.

I clicked expecting it to be a rather typical "tips&tricks" kind of read (sorry for that) and now I'm sitting at work thinking why I haven't started applying these principles myself. As an architect, I always knew that copying someone blindly won't produce anything great but I forget these same principles when I start to visualize.

I also believe that your thoughts on signature style were spot on. One does not make or find a signature style in one session, but rather the signature style finds you through all the hard and thorough work. I really appreciate you took time to write it all down because such material is way more valuable than all those easy steps in creating images that are temporary and meaningless.

2017-12-15, 19:34:15
Reply #581

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Thank you Mase :- ) Great takeaway, exactly what was my intention.

Heh, nothing wrong with Tips&Tricks, I would love to share those too on occasion. But instead of cookie-cutter tutorials on how to do something, it would be more insight into some smart outside-of-box things I sometimes come-up with when I want to do something more effectively or more flexibly, etc.
I have this idea about 'Snack-size tuts', because I honestly don't see myself recording anymore those comprehensive tutorials Grant or Johannes do. Too time consuming, too much fluff and too short attention span on my side.

2018-02-08, 10:34:25
Reply #583

Razzow

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have a question and Im looking for tips. Im a single 3D artist at a company and what i really miss is alot of different glossymaps, scratches, fingerprints, plaster etc that i can use for my textures. are there any good packages or bundles that i can purchase that you guys know of?

all tips welcome, thank you!! :)

2018-02-08, 12:06:40
Reply #584

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
I have a question and Im looking for tips. Im a single 3D artist at a company and what i really miss is alot of different glossymaps, scratches, fingerprints, plaster etc that i can use for my textures. are there any good packages or bundles that i can purchase that you guys know of?

all tips welcome, thank you!! :)

Well, here are two of the top of my head that I personally use.

https://gumroad.com/l/HQfZ

http://dgruwier.dk/textures.html

Great packs :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us