Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Any chances to improve render times with volumetrics material?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Mac3DX:

--- Quote from: Beanzvision on 2023-01-13, 09:50:01 ---Perhaps this may help?

--- End quote ---

I don't get it, rendering tiles would make it faster?

Mac3DX:

--- Quote from: davetwo on 2023-01-13, 10:44:53 ---
--- Quote from: Mac3DX on 2023-01-13, 03:00:55 --- On Redshift it should take 5 min.

--- End quote ---

Yeah right* - I doubt it if you want the same image quality. Whenever I've tried GPU engines, they're fast when they're cutting corners, but once you crank up the samples etc to get an equivalent image quality (esp on glass etc) then the render times get a LOT longer. 5k sounds like a still image - just send it to a farm for the final.

*Not saying it wouldnt be quicker tho'

--- End quote ---

I'm not going to make comparisons here because I find it unpleasant. But GPU handles it in seconds, the only downside I see is still the accuracy in calculating shadows, but for those who don't work with architecture it doesn't make the slightest difference. What I love most about Corona is its usability, a team that strives to develop something that makes the user's life easier. This you make sure no other renderer has.

Mac3DX:
I love this silence, that is, nothing will be done due to a better performance with these types of materials.

TomG:
Not sure what you would like in place of silence - somehow further optimizing volumetric calculations would be a large task that would need planning out at least a version in advance (if it is even possible to speed them up), so a request like that is unlikely to ever appear in a version under development where things are planned out already. So a reply on "something is happening" would not appear quickly :)

Mac3DX:
Not sure what you would like in place of silence? Two options: We're aware of it and we are doing our best to have it as soon as possible or there is no plan for that in the future due out of interest from users. (Which I think it is not likely)
You know what impresses me the most? No one bothers about it. In my opinion, that was supposed to be in the plans. Please look at available technologies. RS and Cycles have adopted the Radom Walk and it looks really good and fast to me. What we have today is very slow in terms of rendering time making the animation work unfeasible.
I believe that the perfect solution is far from happening, but I also think that a slight improvement should not be something so complex. One step at a time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version