Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Any chances to improve render times with volumetrics material?

<< < (3/3)

TomG:
But the answer is neither of those things, the answer is "We don't know til we assess what we'll be doing in the version of Corona after this one" - so since there is really no answer yet until a few months when we look into plans for Corona 11, there isn't anything useful to say that is either yes, no, or maybe. We do check all these comments and requests, but it may be days, weeks, or months before we can say something that actually adds information on what is happening :)

Stefan-L:
on a side note: As far i see from Maya/Houdini Chaosgroup announcements for V-Ray, V-Ray 5 added random walk some time ago in the new Subsurface scatter in in the new vray 5 material.

as vray 5/6 and corona 8/9 share a very similar material setup/features (mostly only different gui), i thought the new SSS also on Corona is random walk based?
i might be wrong of course, maybe the Corona team can answer that?
i also think random walk is nothing special fast if calculated precise. (maybe faster on gpu of course)

overall in RS p.e. some parts render fast for sure being gpu based, but other stuff and gui, like having just a few big 8k textures bring it here down to be very slow(2080ti), material previews are super slow, etc.
so i think which engine suits best very much depends what one needs, depending the type of work.
for me corona is still by far the winner for archviz at least.

what i woudl hope most is speed up of DOF, here vray is much faster yet with almost no speed hit, while in corona it seems to cost much extra time (while slower in other parts)

burnin:
Personally, I'd love to see and tackle with the scene in question...

Mac3DX:
Start with this one, I'd love to have a 4k image in 20 min to be reasonable.

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=38612.msg206820#msg206820

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version