Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Any chances to improve render times with volumetrics material?

(1/3) > >>

Mac3DX:
I'm rendering a 5K image and the render estimate is 4h 30m on an i9 12900K. This is impractical. I don't know what I do, it wouldn't be my choice but I think I'll have to go to another renderer. On Redshift it should take 5 min.

Aram Avetisyan:
Hi,

This highly depends on the scene and volumetric materials setup you have.
You can try enabling "Single bounce" in volumetric materials to see if there are any improvements.
I would advise enabling a denoiser as well and checking if it does a good job with a noisy render, to cut render times down.

Beanzvision:
Perhaps this may help?

davetwo:

--- Quote from: Mac3DX on 2023-01-13, 03:00:55 --- On Redshift it should take 5 min.

--- End quote ---

Yeah right* - I doubt it if you want the same image quality. Whenever I've tried GPU engines, they're fast when they're cutting corners, but once you crank up the samples etc to get an equivalent image quality (esp on glass etc) then the render times get a LOT longer. 5k sounds like a still image - just send it to a farm for the final.

*Not saying it wouldnt be quicker tho'

Mac3DX:

--- Quote from: Aram Avetisyan on 2023-01-13, 09:14:08 ---You can try enabling "Single bounce" in volumetric materials to see if there are any improvements.
I would advise enabling a denoiser as well and checking if it does a good job with a noisy render, to cut render times down.

--- End quote ---

Hi Aram,
I'm rendering a milk splash, pretty simple image.
 "Single bounce" speeds up for sure, but it screws all of your colors, maybe we should have a field to input a few more bounces? Any tip in order to preserve the colors?
Corona goes very well with all other material parameters, but we have to be honest, this volumetrics feature needs to be improved and a lot in terms of render time. This rules out the possibility of rendering an animation for example.
I always try to keep denoiser around 4%, otherwise no chance to get your image done in time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version