Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Realistic sand/powder

<< < (2/3) > >>

Stefan-L:
"When you propose coloured grains you mean i use actual geometry?"

no geometry, i mean a bitmap texture for color, and another bitmap for the ultra fine displacement

(dont use noise this tends not to work good with very fine details)

Mac3DX:
It will depend a lot on how closely you will see this texture. Look for PBR textures, to see from afar it's perfect. If you are going to take a close-up, replicate some grains with the Corona Scatter over the sand texture.

BigAl3D:
The Mograph Cloner and generate more clones on top of other clones. Maybe that might help you in this case. There is a very nice sand material in Cosmos.

How will you make the footprints? Displacement? Object Deformer?

Ben Kagiki:

--- Quote from: Stefan-L on 2023-01-11, 20:16:54 ---"When you propose coloured grains you mean i use actual geometry?"

no geometry, i mean a bitmap texture for color, and another bitmap for the ultra fine displacement

(dont use noise this tends not to work good with very fine details)

--- End quote ---
Thank you Stefan, will work on it today.. basically i need a very good bitmap with ultra fine detail

Ben Kagiki:

--- Quote from: Mac3DX on 2023-01-11, 20:17:52 ---It will depend a lot on how closely you will see this texture. Look for PBR textures, to see from afar it's perfect. If you are going to take a close-up, replicate some grains with the Corona Scatter over the sand texture.

--- End quote ---
Its very closeup,will try using two bitmaps as Stefan suggested but i also like the idea of scattering over a texture. i will attempt both to see how each yields

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version