Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

Crash with OSL wParallax

<< < (2/8) > >>

SmurfN:
ive also been having some issues with this i suspect, but seemingly only on my computer in the office. opening many scenes with wParallax the first render renders fine, then if i stop and start a render it crashes 90% of the times if it contains wParallax planes. If i hide the wParallax in the scene it seems to work fine.
Not sure but i think its happening if i have the wParallax material in my material editor visible.

GeorgeK:

--- Quote from: SmurfN on 2022-11-18, 08:44:00 ---ive also been having some issues with this i suspect, but seemingly only on my computer in the office. opening many scenes with wParallax the first render renders fine, then if i stop and start a render it crashes 90% of the times if it contains wParallax planes. If i hide the wParallax in the scene it seems to work fine.
Not sure but i think its happening if i have the wParallax material in my material editor visible.

--- End quote ---

Hi I have tried to reproduce the crash but was unsuccessful, would it be possible to share an archived scene with us that the issue is reproducible? Ideally use: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4649117083409-How-to-report-issues-3ds-Max- as suggested above. Thanks!

maru:
Hi VIZSET and SmurfN, could you please share some more details here and/or submit support tickets about this issue? You can submit tickets here: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
As George explained, so far we were unable to reproduce the crash.

VIZSET:
Thank you for your response! I sent request #68772, the full file is included.

NikHappy:

--- Quote from: VIZSET on 2022-11-16, 17:08:16 ---Hello!

In 3ds Max 2023 with Corona 9 I have stable crashes with OSL wParalllax textures.
I use OSL map on physical material with self-illumination and corona multi-map inside.
In empty scenes OSL works correctly.

Previous version 2020 with Corona 8 works correctly (including huge scenes with the same material), I didn't change any parameters, paths. etc.

--- End quote ---
I have the same problem! 9 times from 10 3ds Max crashes. First render (no matter regular or interactive) is OK. But the next one crashes the 3ds Max.
My colleague has the same problem (his setup: 3ds Max 2023.2 + Corona 9 + Win 10 / my setup: 3ds Max 2023.2.2 + Corona 9 + Win 11).
Everything was fine in the previous versions: 3ds max 2022.2 + Corona 8

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version