Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

VDB File intersecting with other geometry

(1/2) > >>

Ealexander:
Hello,

I have a simple test smoke sim here (using the new pyro) - this was cached to a VDB file and put into a Corona Volume Grid.  Here's the question:

When the bounding box for the VDB intersects other geometry, it throws shadows - see attached.  Is there a way to avoid this?  Scene is lit with a Physical Sky and a single Area light at the ceiling level, but not intersecting the sim at all.  I have this problem with any VDB that I use, not just Pyro generated ones.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

e.

edub:
I can't even figure out the workflow with Pyro in corona... can you give a quick run down of the steps you took?

Ealexander:

--- Quote from: edub on 2022-11-15, 00:59:15 ---I can't even figure out the workflow with Pyro in corona... can you give a quick run down of the steps you took?

--- End quote ---

Hi! I built my geo and set the Pyro sim up in Cinema. I used the viewport display to set it up and work it out. Once I thought I had it right, I cached the scene from the Pyro Sim object and saved this to hard drive. All this does is write you a .VDB file (just like Embergen or turbulence). Next I turned off the Pyro emmiter and the Pyro sim objects and added a Corona Volume Grid. Into this I loaded the .Vdb I just created and dialed in the settings for scattering, emission, etc. and placed the volume object in the correct place in my scene. That's it, except the vdb object gives a render error when it overlaps other geo in the scene. Redshift doesn't seem to have this problem, and I get the error with any vdb I load, not just the Pyro created ones.

Hope that helps some.

Beanzvision:
Hi there, this is a known issue and we have it logged.
(Internal ID=910407615)

johnnyswedish:
Have had the same problem but thought it was something I'd set up wrong. Great to hear it's being fixed :-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version