Chaos Scatter > [Scatter] Feature Requests

Spline scatter on surface

(1/1)

romullus:
I would love to see spline scatter mode enhanced by the option to project instances on surface. The projection could be performed in spline's local Z direction (preferably), or in world selectable direction. I imagine UI for the feature could look something like in attached screenshot. Such feature would be very useful in many practical scenarios.

aaouviz:
Isn't that what the new includes/excludes option achieves? (But in reverse? So scattered on a surface but including a spline on Z axis)

Edit: Ah, I guess you want them to be equally spaced, as we can do with spline scattering?

romullus:
Yes exactly and also in spline mode instances can be oriented by spline direction, something that's not possible in 2D surface mode.

aaouviz:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2022-11-06, 12:11:45 ---I would love to see spline scatter mode enhanced by the option to project instances on surface. The projection could be performed in spline's local Z direction (preferably), or in world selectable direction. I imagine UI for the feature could look something like in attached screenshot. Such feature would be very useful in many practical scenarios.

--- End quote ---

Ok, gotcha!

I'm just now seeing the necessity of such a feature... would be amazing to have. Not really an easy non-destructive way to do this right now...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version