Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

UVW randomizer error

<< < (2/3) > >>

GeorgeK:
Hi everyone, I will see if we can bump this up.
(Report ID=CRMAX-314)

marobaro:
Hi George
Yes, please see to it that it is fixed, if you can. For architectural viz firm, dealing with lots of displaced walls, UVW randomizer map is (or was) a daily bread and butter. It is hard to accept, that something that worked great right off the bat when first introduced, got subsequently cocked up beyond use. What are you doing Render Legion? trying to outdo Autodesk in their own game? Chaos trying to grind you down? C'mon. That's not what Corona stands for, right?
I am not even going to comment on Corona converter messing up conversion of simple corona legacy materials to physical ones. that's too much. leave it for some other rant. For now could you, pretty please, fix the uvw randomizer displacement issue?
Hopefully,
Marek

maru:

--- Quote from: marobaro on 2022-05-19, 12:08:34 ---Hi George
Yes, please see to it that it is fixed, if you can. For architectural viz firm, dealing with lots of displaced walls, UVW randomizer map is (or was) a daily bread and butter. It is hard to accept, that something that worked great right off the bat when first introduced, got subsequently cocked up beyond use. What are you doing Render Legion? trying to outdo Autodesk in their own game? Chaos trying to grind you down? C'mon. That's not what Corona stands for, right?
I am not even going to comment on Corona converter messing up conversion of simple corona legacy materials to physical ones. that's too much. leave it for some other rant. For now could you, pretty please, fix the uvw randomizer displacement issue?
Hopefully,
Marek

--- End quote ---

1) I haven't checked this right now, but I think this is not working correctly only if the UVW randomizer is set to "mesh element" randomization mode. Isn't it?
2) "something that worked great right off the bat when first introduced" - has it ever worked differently than it does right now?

Frood:
Hi Maru,

1) Yes. It fails only in mesh element mode
2) No it has never worked with displacement since it has been introduced. Went back until v5.2

Good Luck

DPS:
Good to know. I'll keep an eye on this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version