Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Corona Slicer Material playground!

<< < (8/11) > >>

aaouviz:

--- Quote from: Jpjapers on 2022-04-20, 15:24:55 ---Is there any future scope to have the slicer capping functionality added to the camera clipping settings in the corona camera? A Checkbox for capping would be useful for rendering orthographic elevations with the ortho projection camera.

--- End quote ---

+1!

Jpjapers:

--- Quote from: Frood on 2022-05-06, 09:21:45 ---
--- Quote from: Jpjapers on 2022-04-20, 15:24:55 ---Is there any future scope to have the slicer capping functionality added to the camera clipping settings in the corona camera? A Checkbox for capping would be useful for rendering orthographic elevations with the ortho projection camera.

--- End quote ---

Here is a working mock-up: open scene, select camera, run IR, activate camera clipping and cruise around. I misused the "show in viewport" checkbox to toggle slicer material on/off.

Good Luck

--- End quote ---

Oh Interesting! So it just works already just accidentally??

Frood:

--- Quote from: Jpjapers on 2022-05-07, 21:36:21 ---So it just works already just accidentally??

--- End quote ---

Depends on the point of view. As you can see, you can already do it by using a simple rig with a linked slicer box which changes its size depending on the clipping plane and camera frustum. I just wanted to know how it "feels" to have such a feature.

Good Luck

aaouviz:
Is it possible to reverse the clipper?

So it works as an includes only?

An example; I want soil in a pot. I get a nice soil model from megascans but it isnt the shape of my pot. So I create an 'inverse' of the pot shape (so shell outwards from it) and use this to clip the excess megascans 3d soil model.

But it'd be nice to simply use the pot shape instead of making a new model. So essentially all I'd have to do is apply the clipper material and ideally tick 'boolean' or something, so it clips everything OUTSIDE of the clipping shape.

LorenzoS:
+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version