General Category > General CG Discussion

Rhino to 3DSMax

<< < (5/6) > >>

kasrasha:
The best way I found these years is: to have layers in 3ds Max, you have to assign a material to each layer in rhino ( only a separated named material with no color and texture works). then export it as 3d`s and it would work Just Perfect...

Buzzz:
Hi all,

I have been modeling in Rhino for many years and this is my best export option to 3ds Max.

Attached screenshots of the process.

Regards

louisryko:
Holy Moly Buzzz,

That is the nicest import I've seen (tested it myself and boy, it's much better than anything I've ever produced).

The funny news is; as importing was such a hassle since my original post I've forced myself to learn modelling in Max properly. So now this info is kind of unnecessary for me these days :)

Good news; now know max, bad news; don't use rhino anymore :(

Buzzz:
ok.

Rhino is fast and easy to use in architecture. It´s true that having everything in the same program is better and futures changes in geometry.

John.McWaters:
I've found myself modeling straight into 3dsMax more as well. Per usual, max does somethings better than Rhino, and vice versa. However, I still find he need to export from Rhino into max for objects that I generate in Grasshopper. I'm going to try this method next time I need that ability.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version