Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Resolved Bugs

Crash using open directory user

(1/2) > >>

elvispettenuzzo:
We are a small company, we use OSX Sierra 10.12.4 and we are migrating users on Open Directory. The home folder of this users is located on the server.

Cinema 4D works correctly, but Corona 6.3 crashes when trying to create a new material or render a scene (same with Corona 6.2 and 6.1). I attach the bugReport file. Could this be a bug or is it a problem related to Open Directory that decentralize user home folder?

Thanks
Kind regards

houska:
Hi, just for clarification, which of the scene's assets are in the network directory? Is the scene itself on the network? Thanks!

elvispettenuzzo:
Hi,
there are no scene assets: I open Cinema 4D, click "Corona-New Material" and Cinema 4D crashes.

With Open Directory, only the user folder is located in the network. Applications (like Cinema 4D) are in /Applications (local) folder of the iMac.

Thanks
Kind regards

houska:

--- Quote from: elvispettenuzzo on 2017-04-04, 17:57:43 ---Hi,
there are no scene assets: I open Cinema 4D, click "Corona-New Material" and Cinema 4D crashes.

With Open Directory, only the user folder is located in the network. Applications (like Cinema 4D) are in /Applications (local) folder of the iMac.

Thanks
Kind regards

--- End quote ---

Ok, that seems like enough data to test it. Thanks!

elvispettenuzzo:
Hi,
I made two screenshots to show you how the "network user" has been created. I hope this could help.
As you can see, the user home/start folder is set to a shared (SMB) folder.

Thank you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version