Author Topic: Batch import textures to materials  (Read 1881 times)

2021-10-05, 19:39:29

JohnNinos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys I hope you have been all great and safe.

I'm looking for any script/ plugin or workflow that could batch import correctly all the textures to corona materials.

I'm currently trying to convert a library of textures ex. Arroway to ready made materials so I have like 10 different diffuse colour variations and the same texture for refl/ gloss/ normal/ disp etc. so I would like a script that could import all the diffuse variations with correctly all the other map textures and preferably name the materials according to the diffuse name.

I have tried ezMat, pretty fast import but when I execute it on a diffuse map it imports all the different diffuse textures variations with wrong gamma and is also not that batch process for a lot of materials but it saves some time if it hadn't that gamma problem.

In addition I have tried texture material loader which is great for one by one material creation.

Last but not least tried the poliigon script for importing poliigon textures to materials and use advance renamer to batch rename the arroway library to correspond suffix of poliigons workflow (ex. replace the word diffuse to _d_ so poliigon script knows that this map should go to diffuse slot) but I have to manually duplicate all the refl/ gloss/ normal etc. for each and any of diffuse variants.

I would be super happy if there is anything that could save me some time. Thank a mile in advance:)

2021-10-05, 22:06:56
Reply #1

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
"I have tried ezMat, pretty fast import but when I execute it on a diffuse map it imports all the different diffuse textures variations with wrong gamma and is also not that batch process for a lot of materials but it saves some time if it hadn't that gamma problem."

Try this, then use Nik's epic Batch Material script to batch fix all the gamma values on the whole scene/library file.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2021-10-06, 13:34:37
Reply #2

JohnNinos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"I have tried ezMat, pretty fast import but when I execute it on a diffuse map it imports all the different diffuse textures variations with wrong gamma and is also not that batch process for a lot of materials but it saves some time if it hadn't that gamma problem."

Try this, then use Nik's epic Batch Material script to batch fix all the gamma values on the whole scene/library file.

Thank you for the quick response but it seems that it isn't gamma related but something different that causing the alternative diffuse maps to have a more washed out (brighter/ desaturated) color, so that was a great turn around but it seems that up to now can't solve it .