Author Topic: List of bugs after first 5H of usage  (Read 9653 times)

2018-12-03, 23:54:10

SAFS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

First of all - Corona for Archicad is absolutely great, goooooood job ! This is a true game changer, I feel like like I got a Christmas present. Thanks !

There are some bugs I found:
1. AC crashes when editing materials while there is Interactive Rendering going on. I'm not sure when exactly but it happened few times when opening the Surface painter and editing the material by double clicking material in there. I'd say this is a crucial issue to work on.
2. Still the Stop/start rendering does not work stable. Usually stoping rendering by clicking the Stop button does stop rendering but the buttons don't respond. Not always though, its difficult to detemine exactly when.
3. Sometimes Interactive rendering doesnt not refresh the image in the VFB while rendering. Zooming the rendered image in and out helps.
4. There is this empty Confirm window other users reported previously, its still a bug (like when opening the About window, but this happens also in aplying some changes to the render settings)
5. The Save Image window appears and then hides "under Archicad" in Windows when hovering the mouse over "Navigator - Project Map" palette. If I drag the mouse from "Save Image" button over "Info Box" pallete to the Save Image Windowo it works fine. Its not a big issue because it is possible to bring back his window again above the Archicad program.
6. Setup Lightmix does not work at all.
7. Clipping planes does not work at all ( BTW this is a must have, pleeeeease fix this :P !)
8. Open Material library does not workat all.
9. Depth of field does work but the settings of Override focus and focal lenght don't seem to make any difference or is in different units then those set in AC.
10. Proxy Materials are a mistery for me now
11. After changing settings in the VFB, for example Exposure,  pressing the Enter button to confirm change results in selecting an object in Archicad rather than confirming the Exposure change.
12. LightMix settings (when added manualy) are the same across different projects, this can't work this way since every project has different lights.
13. After selecting region in FVB and drawing the rectangle region it still renders the whole image. It renders the region after pressing again the Region button or zooming the rendered image.

AC22 build 4023, Win 10 POL
Corona Renderer for ARCHICAD Alpha 3 (DailyBuild 2018-11-23)
Corona version: 3 (Release Candidate 4)
ARCHICAD version: 22
Full-speed, Wide RGB
Build: 2018-11-23 aaef6d9ca05846777fd5df2b8a8808ac129ebab8
« Last Edit: 2018-12-04, 02:10:13 by SAFS »

2018-12-04, 00:34:42
Reply #1

SAFS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
First Video with bugs:
1. Setup LightMix  is inactive
2. Setup render elements is empty but in the FVB there are elemnts I've set up in other project. Turning those on and off creates an critical errror pop-up.
EDIT: The second time I tried it worked properly and the LightMix was for the project I made it previously. Anyway - there is still something wrong, compare the the two videos to check it out
3. Start/ Stop buttons in FVB does not work right.

« Last Edit: 2018-12-04, 01:50:30 by SAFS »

2018-12-04, 00:46:14
Reply #2

SAFS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Second video with bug

- Region in FVB works strange, does not render the selected area until I scroll to the image or press second time the region button

2018-12-04, 01:01:27
Reply #3

SAFS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Video 3  with bug:

- Save window goes under AC in Windows after hovering above the Navigator Palette

2018-12-04, 01:07:46
Reply #4

SAFS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Video 4 with bug:

- Pressing Enter selects object in AC rather then confirms Exposure change in the VFB

2018-12-04, 01:32:40
Reply #5

SAFS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Video 6 - bug:

- AC crashes when editing materials with Interactive working

It took me 3 tries to get this bug recorded, it doens't happen all the time but often.
Notice also that the window wih materials is too long and requires folding some options to press the OK button to close the material settings (I have a typical 1920x1080 resolution)

EDIT: AC crashes even without Interactive working. Its rather about editing the material opened through Surface Painter

« Last Edit: 2018-12-04, 11:24:06 by SAFS »

2018-12-04, 01:43:51
Reply #6

SAFS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think I've covered most of the listed bugs in the above videos.
Hope it will help.
« Last Edit: 2018-12-04, 02:27:35 by SAFS »

2018-12-06, 15:45:51
Reply #7

SAFS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think the problem of AC crashing while editing materials is connected with Surface Painter which rerenders material preview balls after editing them and confirming  with the OK button.
Maybe changing the engine of Surface painter material balls preview  to Corona will solve the problem.

2019-08-06, 14:54:12
Reply #8

alexhajdu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Thank you SAFS for your valuable feedback. Many of the bugs are already solved or tickets created => marking as resolved.