Author Topic: CoronaImageCmd - Batch exporter issue with Post/Lightmix  (Read 1785 times)

2022-10-27, 16:07:42

NormAndTheGang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

We just upgraded to Corona 9 and love it so far!

We are just running into a small issue with the batch CXR converter (from this: https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528237016721-What-is-the-Corona-Image-Editor-)
Before Corona 9, when you did not include a config file for the post or lightmix, Corona would just export the images with whatever was set in the CXR.
With the new version, if we don't save a config file and then load it in the batch script, it just ignores any post/lightmix adjustments that were done and saved in the CXR.

My questions are:
-Is there a way to force the CoronaImageCmd to use existing settings from the CXR file it's exporting from?
-If that's not possible, is there a way in maxscript to save config files for the lightmix and post so we can automatically generate config files? (I've checked the doc and multiple sources online and haven't found anything unfortunately)

Thanks in advance for your help!

Chris

2023-02-27, 23:03:21
Reply #1

renderboy

• Users
    • View Profile
I am having the exact same issue as described in this post.

Can CoronaImageCmd be adjusted to allow us to use the existing tonemapping/lightmix settings in the .CXR or add a --config parameter for it?

Thanks!

2023-02-28, 13:52:34
Reply #2

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I can confirm that Corona 9 ignores the post-processing settings in CXR. While e.g. CoronaImage Editor V7 takes them into account.

As a possible workaround, you can try downloading and unpacking an earlier version of Corona into a separate folder. You can keep only the Image Editor if needed.
Then in CoronaBatch V5 archive right click on "CoronaImageBatch.bat" > Edit, find line:

set editorExecutable=%ProgramFiles%\Corona\Corona Renderer for 3ds Max\Image Editor\CoronaImageCmd.exe
and change "%ProgramFiles%\Corona\Corona Renderer for 3ds Max\Image Editor\CoronaImageCmd.exe" to the path of the image editor of an earlier version.

This way it should process the tone mapping settings (keep in mind that tone mapping saved in newer versions may not load properly in old versions), if a Postprocess.conf file is not found or set in the .bat file.

This is also reported.
Thank you.

(Internal ID=1066683792)
« Last Edit: 2023-02-28, 14:57:50 by Aram Avetisyan »
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-02-28, 16:10:39
Reply #3

renderboy

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Aram for the temporary workaround - I think I'll keep manually exporting the tonemapping/lightmix.conf files because I am using the new Corona 9 tonemapping settings.

Glad that this issue is on the radar though!

2023-02-28, 16:39:30
Reply #4

NormAndTheGang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Aram,

thanks for the workaround but unfortunately it'll likely break most of the output since we're also using the Corona 9 tonemapping.

Alternatively, do you know if there is a way to export the lightmix and postprocess conf files from 3dsmax in maxscript? That way we could automate the creation of the conf files, always save them with the same name as the file we're trying to extract and build that in our in house batch exporter.

Thanks,

Chris

2023-02-28, 17:00:07
Reply #5

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I will ask around and get back to you once I have an answer.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-06-07, 15:41:39
Reply #6

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

We have fixed this bug in v10 RC2 :)

You can find it here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=38385.msg213583#msg213583

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!