Author Topic: Error Writing Image and Missing Files  (Read 3875 times)

2019-04-24, 04:23:11

cgjd18

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello all,

1.)  One of the major problems I have concerns the coronaimagebatch.bat converting an image sequence from a .cxr to and .exr.  After configuring the .conf file and then running the .bat file, I receive this message for a random amount of .cxr files:

"Error: Error writing image 'H:/example file/example_file.cxr   -- Image resolution must be at least 1x1, you asked for 0 x 0

Please read the help for the editor. The appropriate part of the help can be printed out by using one of the --help, --list-properties, or --list-examples arguments."

When opening the individual file its opens and saves just fine, so I have no idea what's happening here.

2.)  When rendering out an animation sequence, I noticed a large number of files go missing after seeing the existence of the file already (checking the rendering result).  Upon restart, they then go missing, so I have a sequence missing from the animation.  I ran the SMART HD check, and all is ok (perhaps still a hardware fault still?)

Hopefully can have some help with this, or if anyone has had similar experience maybe have a solution.

If other information is needed, I would be glad to provide.

Thank you in advance.

2019-04-24, 09:50:21
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
As for 1), this sounds like a bug I reported three months ago. (@Marcin: part of ticket #16127). If you run the batch and change the affinity of the executing cmd.exe to one thread, you will end up with about 99% fails I bet.

I don't quite understand 2). Maybe you just have to disable "Skip Existing Images" in Render setup -> Common -> Common Parameters?

Good Luck

« Last Edit: 2019-04-24, 15:46:34 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2019-04-27, 01:18:49
Reply #2

cgjd18

• Users
    • View Profile
Sorry for the delay.

To the second problem, I think it might be a hardware connection issue.  The animation sequence took a day and a half to complete, and it was exported to an external hard, and I found the images under the "quick access" folder on Windows 10.  When trying to open other files in the same external hard drive.  It would give me a warning message about not being able to access the hard drive.  Upon restarting the computer, the animation sequence would go missing, but I saw the files there.

2019-05-14, 14:08:27
Reply #3

Jakobo

• Users
    • View Profile
As for 1), this sounds like a bug I reported three months ago. (@Marcin: part of ticket #16127). If you run the batch and change the affinity of the executing cmd.exe to one thread, you will end up with about 99% fails I bet.

Hi, I will sound maybe like retard but can you be more specific? I have this problem and I dont understand exactly what you mean by that (executing cmd.exe to one thread) and there is no any other fix of this problem on internet

2019-05-15, 11:47:00
Reply #4

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
The batch file (or any other you write) is interpreted by the command interpreter cmd.exe. And this cmd.exe calls CoronaImageCmd.exe in turn. Now, if the calling cmd.exe has only one or two threads available (by setting it's affinity with the help of the task manager) then you get a massive amount of errors from CoronaImageCmd which seems to suffer from some threading issue. This also happens in other situations, leading to missing frames when converting a sequence. You cannot fix this currently, only Corona developers can help here. A workaround is to catch errors in the batch file(s) and repeat the conversion every time CoronaImageCmd returns an error (may lead to infinite loops if there are 'real' errors of course).

Good Luck

2019-06-25, 20:18:12
Reply #5

NormAndTheGang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

We're having the same problem. Is the Corona team working on patching the error?

Were you guys able to find a workaround by catching the error in the batch file? If so, would you mind sharing your batch file?

Thanks!

Chris
« Last Edit: 2019-06-25, 20:32:52 by Norm Li »

2019-06-26, 14:53:13
Reply #6

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Is the Corona team working on patching the error?

I don't think so. Afaik this issue not even classified as a bug currently, but as "annoyance" :)

Were you guys able to find a workaround by catching the error in the batch file?

Not really. The "bug error" isn't distinct from a "real error" (e.g. invalid cxr file). In all cases you just get the same error level from CoronaImageCmd. And what to do then? Repeat the call for that specific image file? Prompt the user about it? Additionally, inside a batch file you are limited in handling loops (e.g. no jumps). I modified my "droplet" script for D&D quick conversion to be less verbose and just to inform me at the end of the script pragmatically about any errors, also to keep open the script window if an error ocured. Simple, but works for me meanwhile. Same would look like this in "the" batch file:

Code: [Select]
setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion

for /r %%f in (*.cxr) do (
set editorArguments=

if exist "%postprocessConfig%" (
    set editorArguments=!editorArguments! --config "%postprocessConfig%"
)
if exist "%lightMixConfig%" (
    set editorArguments=!editorArguments! --config "%lightMixConfig%"
)
set editorArguments=!editorArguments! --element "%inputElement%"

set inputImage=%%f
set editorArguments=!editorArguments! "!inputImage!"
set outputImage=%%~df%%~pfPost_%%~nf.%outputFormat%
set editorArguments=!editorArguments! "!outputImage!"

::echo Processing !inputImage!
echo | set /p="Processing !inputImage!: "
"%editorExecutable%" !editorArguments! 1>NUL 2>&1

if !errorlevel!==0 (
echo Ok.
) else (
echo Error.
set error=1
)

)

if !error!==1 (
echo.
echo There were errors.
pause
)

timeout /t 1 >NUL

2019-07-03, 10:59:49
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is correctly logged as a bug in our internal tracker. Unfortunately our devs cannot work on everything at the same time, so we have to prioritize tasks. This is classified as "high annoyance", meaning high priority.

(internal id=317910370)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-07-04, 15:17:54
Reply #8

NormAndTheGang

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Got it, Thanks Frood and Maru for your help.

I think I'm going to modify your code slightly so it tries 3 times when running into an error. That way there won't be any infinity loop if the file is actually corrupted but I might get all my passes out.

Hopefully the dev team finds some time to fix it soon :)

Chris

2020-08-03, 17:04:06
Reply #9

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
If anyone is still having the issues described here, could you please try V6 RC1? Hopefully these are resolved now.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us