Author Topic: cubemap problem with corners  (Read 2504 times)

2017-09-10, 15:05:10

artmaknev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • about me
I have this strange problem where each cubemap tile is visible with slightly different brightness levels, is it normal or some bug?

2017-09-10, 21:47:51
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
you need to increase quality of UHD cache it seems... try setting it to animation mode
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-09-11, 16:20:19
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Did you use bloom and glare here?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-09-11, 17:53:48
Reply #3

artmaknev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • about me
Yes, Bloom-Glare seems to be the problem, I rendered without it and everything is perfect.  Thanks!

2017-09-11, 19:42:05
Reply #4

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
Yes, Bloom-Glare seems to be the problem, I rendered without it and everything is perfect.  Thanks!
Since proper Bloom and glare is supported with Spherical Rendering, you can render spherical with a bigger resolution and reproject to a cubemap. This will keep the bloom intact and working.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2017-09-25, 14:56:52
Reply #5

artmaknev

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • about me
Since proper Bloom and glare is supported with Spherical Rendering, you can render spherical with a bigger resolution and reproject to a cubemap. This will keep the bloom intact and working.

Thats good to know, is there some simple explanation how to convert spherical rendering to cube map?

2017-09-25, 15:33:52
Reply #6

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
There are numerous projection converter programs. Few that comes to my mind: flexify, supercubic - plugins for photoshop. Hugin, pano2vr - standalone apps. Some of them are free.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures