Author Topic: RaySwitcher Viewport from Direct Override  (Read 2729 times)

2016-01-28, 12:32:27

FrostKiwi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • YouTube
It would be nice, if the viewport representation of the RayswitcherMtl would be drawn from the material in the direct Override slot,instead of the GI slot.
Logic being, that what you put in directly visible should be the thing shown in the viewport.

I use Rayswitcher constantly, often with a corona light mtl in GI override slot, but a selfillum Corona mtl in direct.
Thus all these materials appear as black in the viewport, which is not desirable.
I'm 🐥 not 🥝, pls don't eat me ( ;  ;   )

2016-05-09, 02:41:01
Reply #1

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
I wanted to request simmilar thing - glad I searched first )) I use RayswitcherMtl quite frequently too and yeah, that would not only be way handier to use but way more logical too - current method is allmost totally unusable when one needs to work with that material a little further or change some mapping on objects using it so I would wote for direct override slot being the representative for whole material's viewport texture preview too, though that would probably mean it should be first in that row or at least I suspect so as it is 3ds max we are speaking of ))

2016-05-13, 08:59:02
Reply #2

Christa Noel

• Active Users
  • God bless us everyone
    • View Profile
    • dionch.studio

2016-05-13, 09:01:28
Reply #3

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2016-05-13, 20:33:23
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
default changed, added option to change which material is displayed (will be available in 1.5 daily build)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)