Author Topic: Corona Camera  (Read 2835 times)

2018-02-22, 10:27:30

Aldoren

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

About the using the corona camera to override global settings. Is there a way to make the Corona camera interactive in the frame buffer? So that i can adjust the tone mapping for that specific camera live without affecting global settings?

Thanks

2018-03-05, 12:59:05
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi, sorry for the delay, but I do not fully understand your message.
Can you please explain what you are trying to achieve, and what is happening?

When you are using the Corona Camera, then you should be able to adjust its parameters and see changes live in the interactive renderer, and that should not in any way affect the settings in the render setup window.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-03-05, 17:13:39
Reply #2

mferster

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I might be wrong, but I think he wants to be able to change the exposure and tone mapping on a non-interactive render in the VFB with the camera controls and see the changes as he is making them.

Which I agree would be pretty great  feature if it's possible.

2018-03-08, 10:43:11
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Ok, that would basically make it "live link" between the camera and the settings in VFB, right?
I remember there were plans for such a feature, but I cannot find the specific entry now, so moving this to feature requests.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-03-08, 10:50:24
Reply #4

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, that would basically make it "live link" between the camera and the settings in VFB, right?
I remember there were plans for such a feature, but I cannot find the specific entry now, so moving this to feature requests.
I believe we discussed this looong time ago in the (old) Daily Builds thread, must've been around version 1.2 or 1.3, not sure this ever surfaced here in the requests subforum.

2018-03-08, 11:09:02
Reply #5

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
I believe we discussed this looong time ago in the (old) Daily Builds thread, must've been around version 1.2 or 1.3, not sure this ever surfaced here in the requests subforum.

Yep this is something we've been aching for for years now. A true live link between viewport/floating IR, VFB and CoronaCamera. Make a change in one and it propagates to the other in realtime. There's some trickiness around how to elegantly handle that, for sure, but it would be super-useful.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2018-03-08, 11:33:07
Reply #6

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I imagine CoronaCam could get two simple Icons, 'Get Settings from cVFB' and 'Apply Settings to cVFB'. Devs wouldn't need to tinker with CIE's code and UI that way.

2018-03-17, 00:36:16
Reply #7

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure I understand the linking request but would it be possible to not rerender the IR when spinning the tone mapping/EV override? Maybe it's the same request. Thx

2019-01-13, 22:22:09
Reply #8

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
live link was already requested in other threads, closing this one
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)