Author Topic: Other test render between corona and vray  (Read 4601 times)

2013-05-05, 22:45:13

nemesis

hi everybody~~yes,it`s  me again..
    here is an other test.
    in the test,i use the "corona convert"to change a scene build by vray material to corona material.
    first ,i do nothing but directly to render,as you know,result is bad..
    so ,i adjust the the corona material,i found there was a few part  must be  fixed.
    1.  reflect color(in vray the color means the reflect intensity ,but in corona the color seems like just the color of reflect.
    2.  fresnel IOR(maybe more and more higher than vray.)
    3.  diffuse color(in vray ,the reflect value may effect the diffuse color,so when you convert the material to corona,the result of render diffuse may change)and maybe in vray i use the camera gamma 2.2,i think it may change the diffuse color of the render results.
    i`m really sure that there are more place must be fixed ,but these 3 parts is the most important
    as you can see these 2 pics,i make them as same result as possible.and i  did not have  any post-product on it.
    the pic render by vray seems more sharp,i think it`s the result of the antialiasing .and i don`t know how to render more sharp in corona.:(
    oh,one more thing,i found a interesting thing ,in corona ,the texture is more blur.i use the default value "1"is not like the same blur value "1" in vray,so i adjust it to"0.1",so the texture looks  more sharp.
    THANKS~~~

2013-05-06, 11:12:03
Reply #1

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
1.Glossy setting needed to correct (in the Corona).
2. IOR (corona) theoretically should be equal to IOR(Vray), but the color of reflection may behave differently.
3. Instead diffuse color use a bitmap to avoid confusion with the gamma 2.2 (Vray have a problem with diffuse color and gamma 2.2)
Corona - the best rendering solution!