11 (1.9%)
Exporter Blender -> Corona standalone
112 (19.2%)
Maya
67 (11.5%)
Houdini
78 (13.4%)

Total Members Voted: 578

Author Topic: Which 3D soft to integrate into next?  (Read 304853 times)

2013-03-04, 16:15:48
Reply #45

kilbeeu

It would require someone with knowledge of Blender plugin programming. That would make it much easier :) Unfortunately, so far we do not have resources to hire someone.
I bet it would. But honestly i think it would be much easier than any of the other poll options anyway. And i imagine for people who develop such promising piece of software it wouldn't be that much of an obstacle.
Of course i understand that this is an early development stage and there is still much work to be done, but if you are looking around for more options, you definately should consider blender.
Anyway, here is the proper wiki section http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Extensions/Python
I know you probably seen this, but it doesn't hurt anyone if i put this here ;)

Btw, is there some sort of a scene format that might be used (like vray's .vrscene) for exporting to a standalone scene for rendering?

And btw2, just as an example (i hope it is ok if i link this) there was a personal project of vray integration with blender http://vray.cgdo.ru/
As you can see it looks really nice (i checked it in very early stage and i can say it worked as expected).

And btw3;) there is a feature for the next release (2.67, with current being 2.66) version called pynodes, that should help with external rendering engines integration.

2013-03-04, 16:48:47
Reply #46

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
If you decide to integrate into blender you would immediately get a huge fanbase ;)
I am actually not sure, every time Corona pops up in some blender community it immediately gets huge backlash because it is proprietary ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-03-04, 18:55:46
Reply #47

kilbeeu

If you decide to integrate into blender you would immediately get a huge fanbase ;)
I am actually not sure, every time Corona pops up in some blender community it immediately gets huge backlash because it is proprietary ;)
I can imagine that;) I would even expect voices that say blender don't need another renderer, it's always the same story. Even new rendering engine - cycles - was described like that. And the more time passes, the more people agree it was needed and gives blender a boost.

And the fact behind this is always that people look for other renderers, like octane, vray or free solutions. Problem with them is always one of the two: either long render times or quality not good enough (or the price of course;).

Well, anyway i hope developers would consider blender at some point, or at least leave users a kitchen door with some kind of api that would allow creating exporters for this renderer. If corona can join decent render times with quality, it would be just a matter of time if someone would try to stand up to the task.

2013-03-04, 20:51:53
Reply #48

veledima

• Users
    • View Profile
I really want to see the Corona on Blender, because I work in it, no time to play at 3d max. A corona really want to use.
Sorry for bad English

2013-03-04, 20:57:15
Reply #49

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't have time or nerves to do implementation in another software. But as soon as I get some money for development (there are some negotiations in progress), blender will be considered
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-03-10, 06:20:39
Reply #50

promity

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please - do Corona Plugin for Lightwave 3d!

2013-03-15, 02:52:28
Reply #51

valwizard

• Active Users
  • "We get up in the morning. We do our best. Nothing
    • View Profile
I am also voting for Cinema 4D. It is a very intuitive and popular. Got a huge potential, but, unfortunately its  developers always look in a wrong way, experimenting with such things, as pseudo physical renders( besides nobody knows what does it mean ). This integration will be revolutionary. And besides - you have in advance so many potential Russian byers- which is nonsense in a century of torrent freedom! That sounds great! Go for it!
"We get up in the morning. We do our best. Nothing else matters! "

2013-03-19, 12:03:45
Reply #52

Visual Pie Workroom

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.visual-pie.com
And besides - you have in advance so many potential Russian byers- which is nonsense in a century of torrent freedom! That sounds great! Go for it!
Yes.. it`s true! and We (C4D community) need this integration - very need

2013-03-24, 14:15:42
Reply #53

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Houdini

Moi3D

Asus Z10PE-D16 WS / Dual Xeon E5-2690 v4 @ 2.60GHz / RAM 64 Go - GTX 970
Win 10 / Max 2017 / Corona 1.4

2013-03-24, 14:37:24
Reply #54

kahein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Modo 701 will be release this monday.
and we will have Modo 701 on linux too with unlimited node slave.

After the fusion with the foundry, it will be more and more visible in the front scene, vfx, advertising etc...

I think IMO it wont be to complex to port corona on it.

we have a great community for helping.

with a robust render like corona tend to be it will be a great competitor
Asus Z10PE-D16 WS / Dual Xeon E5-2690 v4 @ 2.60GHz / RAM 64 Go - GTX 970
Win 10 / Max 2017 / Corona 1.4

2013-03-24, 14:51:50
Reply #55

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know, modo community seems pretty closed off to external renderers, judging from the official forum ;)

2013-03-24, 23:19:34
Reply #56

Han

• Active Users
  • CG generalist
    • View Profile
I don't know, modo community seems pretty closed off to external renderers, judging from the official forum ;)

Absolutely true!

I bought Octane Render standalone and integration into Cinema 4D - very bad integration.
Cinema 4D community hopes to Corona.

2013-03-25, 02:02:32
Reply #57

blackside

CINEMA 4D !!!! Very NEED !!!!

2013-03-25, 15:41:34
Reply #58

gootman

• Active Users
  • Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!
    • View Profile

Absolutely true!

I bought Octane Render standalone and integration into Cinema 4D - very bad integration.
Cinema 4D community hopes to Corona.

Tell us more about integration Octane into Cinema 4D. I prepare to buy combo.. So, will you think this a bad step?
Glory to Ukraine! Glory to Heroes!

2013-03-28, 17:23:46
Reply #59

haggi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just discovered this thread. Like others I prefer plugin renderers without the need to export and edit scenes to be able to get a good rendering.
The biggest problem with standalone applications is the interactivity. As soon as it comes to interactive editing of a scene, the communicatin with standalone renderers can be a problem (even if it works as we can see in houdini with mantra).

Standalones were necessary in the good old times when ram was extremly expensive and the 3d application blocked memory that was necessary for rendering.

That is the reason why I try to implement renderers for maya if they provide an API (openMaya.net).

So I vote for maya ;)