Author Topic: Gbuffer ID not working for layered material masks  (Read 547 times)

2023-05-19, 14:17:33

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
I saww this was reporten in 2018, but it still doesn't work. I was using layered materials with a Corona Multimap to vary the mask, but this doesn't work currently. It would be nice if this was added the same way as with other materials.

2023-05-22, 09:53:55
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Can you explain what exactly your setup looks like and what kind of result you are after? Screenshots showing your material setup would be great.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-05-22, 11:30:07
Reply #2

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
Can you explain what exactly your setup looks like and what kind of result you are after? Screenshots showing your material setup would be great.

Hi, yes, I have this decal with some text, where I use the layered material to vary between different decal text. And I'm using a CoronaMultimap to swap out the text mask. With this I can change the material on all tags at once. But since it is not working I need to make unique materials for every Decal and therefor a lot more tedious to make changes. Hope this helps

2023-05-30, 16:00:11
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Sorry for the delay. Perhaps I don't understand your setup, but it seems to be working fine here.
I am using a similar setup to yours. Multiple decals projected onto multiple boxes. Multimap in "Object GBuffer ID" mode. Each Box object (not Decal object!) has a different ID assigned using right click > object properties > object gbuffer id.

As you can see, different opacity masks are used on different boxes, depending on their ID.

Also, if you project a single decal onto multiple boxes with different IDs, that single decal will use multiple opacity masks (as expected).

I am using Corona 10 RC1 but will check if the same thing happens in V9.
Update: it is working in V9 as well. I will need to know more about your setup to understand what seems to be the issue.

« Last Edit: 2023-05-30, 16:06:18 by maru »

2023-05-30, 16:17:26
Reply #4

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
thank you for doing this! Ah I think the error is that I misunderstood what object should have the different gbuffer ID. Because I changed the gbuffer ID of the decal, not the object itself.

2023-05-30, 16:21:07
Reply #5

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
No problem! I understand it can be confusing.
On the other hand, it seems that there is no way to specify which exact decal should be using which exact material.