General Category > General CG Discussion

A warning to all CG artists....

(1/3) > >>

K u r a i:
ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKE BLUE A VERY DULL BOY.

Here are some documentaries that I found very inspiring for creative people.... like yourselves.
These documnetaries will inspire you to keep going when your fed up of the pump and grind of the commercial world.

Wonderland:
I really like what the guy: Eliot Rausch and what he says in the vid. He is down to earth and honest in his views. The sort of person you would like to have a beer with and discuss creativity in general.

Shine
An Entreprenuers Journey. Self employed people talking about their motivations and how they created there internet businesses from nothing to great success.

Press Pause Play
I like it when Moby says in the vid.... "nobody knows where there next pay cheaque is coming from but, they are enthusiastic about what they can do with their software".

Everything is a Remix
Discusses the origins of originallity and how it does not exist... everyone copies other peoples ideas and those that hold on to knowledge like they own it are sadly mistaken.

Lemonade
About people who were fired from their creative jobs in the commercial world and overcame their mis-fortune by finding a new creative career as self employed people.
I have lost my job many times.... not through mis-conduct.... but boredom. Life is so much more interesting when you are your own boss. Not for everyone though.

tomislavn:
Why is this named as a warning? :) You make it sound like something dangerous. Suggestion or inspiration would probably work a bit better.

K u r a i:

--- Quote from: tomislavn on 2014-09-15, 11:04:27 ---Why is this named as a warning? :) You make it sound like something dangerous. Suggestion or inspiration would probably work a bit better.

--- End quote ---

It was created to be the opposite of my last post: "A warning to all newbies" .... which received a hostile response. Reverse psychology.

tomislavn:

--- Quote from: K u r a i on 2014-09-15, 12:07:11 ---
--- Quote from: tomislavn on 2014-09-15, 11:04:27 ---Why is this named as a warning? :) You make it sound like something dangerous. Suggestion or inspiration would probably work a bit better.

--- End quote ---

It was created to be the opposite of my last post: "A warning to all newbies" .... which received a hostile response. Reverse psychology.

--- End quote ---

Hehe okay :) whatever works for you, I guess. Interesting videos anyway.

K u r a i:

--- Quote from: tomislavn on 2014-09-15, 12:26:20 ---
--- Quote from: K u r a i on 2014-09-15, 12:07:11 ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Hehe okay :) whatever works for you, I guess. Interesting videos anyway.

--- End quote ---

Forgive me for asking.... have you been on the Indigo Renderer Forum. I remember your name from somewhere. I think I was Maeglin3 on the Indigo site.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version