Author Topic: Official Blender add-on  (Read 25204 times)

2019-01-17, 17:58:58

onehandisbroken

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

Sorry if this has been dealt with earlier.

Are you considering making an official Blender add-on?

2019-01-17, 18:08:08
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It has been dealt with, under "Why there won't be Corona for Blender..."
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=792

Sorry.

There is the third party exporter though :) See https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?board=28 for the Blender section of the forum.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-01-25, 11:47:18
Reply #2

monkriss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I know that post was 5 years old, so I was wondering if anything has changed?

For me, I use Corona and Blender every single day. Yes the standalone export time is a huge issue, but its something I've come to accept in my workflow with the tradeoff for Corona quality.

I know nothing about coding, but maybe if there was a dedicated team then there might find some way to make Blender work close enough to Corona Standalone that the export time is negligible. Something like OCtane where they have cerated a certain version of Blender which communicates with the standalone perfectly.. "Our modified version of Blender – “Blender OctaneRender™ Edition”"

The biggest issue for me is the compatibility with Blender which frustrates me. The developer has done an absolutely stellar job, but there are so many cracks and holes which make my life quite difficult.
Everything from the Colour Ramp and Curve UI nodes resetting occasionally, to the displacement water level does not working correctly.

Most issues have a workaround, but what I would LOVE is if Corona themselves worked with the current developer to create an absolutely solid Blender Addon or Blender Version, which communicates with Corona Standalone perfectly.

I already pay the developer on Patreon monthly. Is there a problem with making an opensource Corona official Blender Version/addon which people pay for? There are 100's of addons which do this. Plus the users would need a subscription to Corona rednerer anyway.... so you'd get money from that too!

https://blendermarket.com/products/flipfluids
https://www.thegrove3d.com
https://blendermarket.com/products/retopoflow

I run the website www.imeshh.com and all of our models are Corona compatible inside of Blender. We are also doing a tutorial series which you can find on our website too, to help out new people to Corona from Blender. If there is anything we can do to help then please let us know. I think our experience working with the current addon would allow us to give you good feedback on what might need changing.

« Last Edit: 2019-01-25, 12:05:47 by monkriss »

2019-02-25, 12:21:01
Reply #3

Magog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MalaPixel
Hi everyone.
I have been following the forum for a long time (although it is quite off) and occasionally play with Corona on Blender.
I fully agree with Monkriss.
The development of other engines (Octane, LuxCore, Appleseed ..) continues.
I would be happy to pay to have a professional tool to work with.
Now it is unthinkable to be able to use Corona in my workflow.
I hope very much (and I hope so for a long time) to see one day this magnificent engine developed and integrated as In 3Ds and C4D ..
At least dreaming does not cost anything.

2019-02-25, 13:05:14
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
there is basically a grounds-up reboot of Corona standalone happening now. It will take some time to have something usable and public, and the file format will change a bit (so the exporter will ahve to be updated). But as a reward, there will be interactive rendering and some other features
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2019-02-25, 13:27:54
Reply #5

ts_berlin

• Active Users
    • View Profile
(y)

thats great news
and a linux-standalone please!

2019-02-26, 15:02:52
Reply #6

Magog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • MalaPixel
Interactive rendering is already a great thing.

Tnx for your answer!

2019-03-15, 14:44:38
Reply #7

monkriss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow that would be incredible to see. If Blender can talk directly with the Standalone plugin to allow for interactive rendering then i'll probably start crying with joy.

If you need anyone to help with testing then please do let me know!

2019-06-18, 08:22:42
Reply #8

monkriss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
there is basically a grounds-up reboot of Corona standalone happening now. It will take some time to have something usable and public, and the file format will change a bit (so the exporter will ahve to be updated). But as a reward, there will be interactive rendering and some other features

Hey,

I was wondering if this has made any progress? I'm seeing some amazing stuff by Octane, and have seen that even Vray has a dedicated Blender build too!

2019-06-18, 08:31:53
Reply #9

monkriss

• Active Users
    • View Profile
If there is anything you need beta testing too then i'm all ears! :D