Author Topic: better use a6.4 or latest beta 28-08-2017 on oSX??  (Read 2440 times)

2017-08-30, 09:57:31

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
so I have a short question: now I'm using the version a6.3 for OSX, and I'm looking to update to the next version... so I saw that the latest stable version is the a6.4 right? this versione include the solved problem to normal map or not?? i have such a lot of material with normal map, and before to change version I'd like to be sure that the problem is solved first to convert all this material..

other question: in your opinion it is better that I install a6.4 or directly pass to the beta version 29-08-2017 ?? is this a stable version too or it is better to use the a6.4 for working? i'm doing only static interior picture... nothing else.....
thanks at all
walter

2017-08-30, 11:24:01
Reply #1

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
I am using Mac with latest beta 29/8.

older beta 24/7 was also fine with normal maps, no idea how you are using normal maps. try bitmap shader with liner color profile.

29/8 latest beta also works fine, till now one small crash found which is not confirmed yet by any other user. I did post already for that. I did small other tests.... works fine till now.

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2017-09-01, 09:41:28
Reply #2

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am using Mac with latest beta 29/8.

older beta 24/7 was also fine with normal maps, no idea how you are using normal maps. try bitmap shader with liner color profile.

29/8 latest beta also works fine, till now one small crash found which is not confirmed yet by any other user. I did post already for that. I did small other tests.... works fine till now.

thanks for your reply... for normal map, till the versione a6.1 they work fine in this way: make a level with the inverted normal bitmap and a color with RGB 125 125 255 to regulate the intensity on the normal bump... there is a topic in this forum that explain better this, but i couldn't find it now...
so, i'd like to know if with a6.4 or the ultimate beta on OSX the normal map work in this way, or we simply could use the normal bitmap, as we do for the bump map.

2017-09-01, 15:34:55
Reply #3

Eddoron

• Active Users
  • Achieved Pedestrian
    • View Profile
As iacdxb mentioned.

Add a corona normal shader to the bump slot, in it, put the corona Bitmap shader and in there, put the normal map you'd like to use but set the color profile to linear and it works perfectly. The normal bump strength is then just changed through the % value of the bump channel, as with any other bump map.
Through the additional bump slot in the cor normal shader you have even more control over the look.

It's a lot easier.

2017-09-01, 15:46:56
Reply #4

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
As iacdxb mentioned.

Add a corona normal shader to the bump slot, in it, put the corona Bitmap shader and in there, put the normal map you'd like to use but set the color profile to linear and it works perfectly. The normal bump strength is then just changed through the % value of the bump channel, as with any other bump map.
Through the additional bump slot in the cor normal shader you have even more control over the look.

It's a lot easier.

thanks a lot for your feedback.... I'm sure that as it is now it is more easier..... the one harder thing is to modify all the material with normal done till now.. :-(  thanks again... :-)