Author Topic: 3ds Max 2013 crashes trying to render with Corona  (Read 2256 times)

2015-10-24, 18:15:59

prosthotoothist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello all,

For the past several days, I have been having increasing problems trying to use Corona either as Active Render or the regular render.  I have loaded each of the daily builds as soon as they come out and it seems that each time I load the latest build, the crashing of 3ds Max is just getting worse.  As soon as I ask Corona to render, 3ds Max immediately crashes.  If I ask it to use Active Render, it doesn't crash immediately, but it hangs forever and even though there is no CPU activity, I can't get the program to respond.  I have even reduced the size of the Max file and still with each daily build loading, the crashing just keeps getting worse.  It really appears to me that Corona now has something in it that is not compatible with 3ds Max.  Have any of you fellow Corona users experienced anything like this? I don't know what I can do to get things back working like they were a couple of weeks ago.  Any suggestions?  By the way, I am using Windows 10 and until recently, everything was working very well with 3ds Max and Corona.

Thanks,

Tom

2015-10-24, 18:31:56
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Win 7, max2014 and newest daily builds as soon as it appears - never had unexplained crashes. I doubt you will receive much help here - best option would be to open support ticket: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-10-24, 19:04:02
Reply #2

prosthotoothist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Romullus,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion.  After I posted, I decided to open an earlier version of the project (I have been working on this project for many months and have many saved versions of it).  I have been successful in getting Corona Interactive Render as well as the production render to work with this older file.  I am beginning to think that the version of the project that I have been working on recently has become corrupted.  It could possibly be because of the use of the Pro Optimizer that I used to reduce the number of polys on most of the objects in the project.  The un-optimized version that I got to work has over 13 million polys, where as I got the optimized one down to just over 7 million polys.  I did not seem to encounter any issues during the many uses of the Pro Optimizer in 3ds Max, so I have no idea if corruption did occur.  Is there a way to check a 3ds Max file for areas that might be corrupted?  If I selected an object or several objects and asked Corona to render them, would this help in isolating where the problem might be located?  Got any suggestions?  I am thankful for all of your help.

Regards,

Tom

2015-10-24, 20:26:11
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Well, if you suspect max, then you can try to merge everything into a new scene and see if it renders. If not, you can try to assign different renderer, like Mental ray or scanline and see how it behaves.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures