Author Topic: jagged edges from displacement  (Read 1073 times)

2021-09-21, 14:10:57

Piotrek 3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Guys. I have a problem. How to get rid jagged edges from my displacement map ?? I have displacement  screen px set on super low number 0,3 and still got that issue. Please help

2021-09-21, 14:26:50
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It looks like your displacement texture doesn't have enough resolution for smooth displacement.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-09-21, 14:33:16
Reply #2

Piotrek 3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
ive made texture in Illustrator from vector logo and saved as PNG in 2124 x 2124 resolution. It's Unwraped model. How big should be my UW template ?and my maps like bump, mask and color and what is the best format to have clean edge ? Thank you for your help btw.
« Last Edit: 2021-09-21, 14:38:27 by Piotrek 3D »

2021-09-21, 16:11:36
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It all depends on how big the object will be in the rendering and how big will be the rendered image itself, in other words, how many pixels will have to cover your texture. 2K displacement might be enough if you're rendering to HD resolution and/or the object in picture is pretty small. I'd suggest to try increase displacement texture resolution to 4K and see if that helps with the issue. Also it's worth to note that usually it's not a good idea to have very high contrast in displacement textures (sharp transition between whitest and darkest pixels), you will get much nicer displacement if you will slightly blur the texture.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures