Author Topic: visible displacement through refracting geometry and reflecting  (Read 2444 times)

2014-05-25, 02:48:48

Tweekazoid

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • personal CG and scripting stuff also few pictures
I don't think this is a bug, but still should be noted as a potencial one.

displacement using render reslotion is calculated only by "visible by camera". And that's mostly fine, but in some special cases like pic. below not.

if I could suggest something. It would be overhead control on displacement.  ie. when using screen size, having the ability to control how much more will be tessellated by render camera in degrees

so rendering with camera set to 40°, overhead 15°   = final tessallation 70° from direction of rendering camera (view)

using world space tessalation works, but for a price of tessalating all the geometry in the scene

2014-05-25, 12:14:56
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
how did you manage to get the image out of FOV? Is the seethrough object refractive or what?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-05-25, 13:44:47
Reply #2

Tweekazoid

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • personal CG and scripting stuff also few pictures

2015-06-04, 12:15:20
Reply #3

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Known issue, but quite hard to fix. We will try to do something about it during next big displacement rewrite.

2015-06-10, 11:56:43
Reply #4

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio