Author Topic: multiple shapes in mateditor  (Read 3429 times)

2013-06-18, 17:37:24

Tweekazoid

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • personal CG and scripting stuff also few pictures
I would like to see multiple shapes for material previewing .
cube, cylinder, ... possibly custom shape

sphere is good but far from beeing perfect on it's own

2013-06-18, 20:31:09
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
You are extremely good at requesting features of the very least priority. ;)

2013-06-18, 23:28:48
Reply #2

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2013-06-19, 00:05:35
Reply #3

Tweekazoid

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You are extremely good at requesting features of the very least priority. ;)

2013-06-19, 09:13:57
Reply #4

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
You know, it's a different thing to assemble a list of all the features 3ds Max offers, and Corona does not support them, such as advanced nitrous viewport shading, material editor preview shapes, or for example exposure controls. But purpose of this section is to determine priority of features as well as to search for truly useful features that would improve workflow significantly.

So while it is always good to know what of these minor things are still missing, it might not be worth mentioning at this moment when there are obviously a lot more important things to implement. I think absence of various shapes in material editor preview is not really a dealbreaker for anyone who is seriously interested in Corona.

Best way to help is to try to come up with innovative features and solution that would improve workflow speed and/or efficiency as much as possible. It may even be things that no other renderer has yet, or things that other renderers have, but that could be done better, or more efficiently, or to be altered to server a lot wider range of purposes that it's original one.

A prime example is when AO pass was requested. Keymaster did some quick'n'dirty implementation of AO pass, but then we came out with a Texmap pass, which you can use to generate AO map if you put AO map into it, but also to generate whole range of different passes depending on which map you put there.

MR and Vray already had this, and it seemed to be a lot more universal solution.

So to wrap it up, best contribution is to come up with innovative features, or to find a new creative ways to extend current ones to increase their field of use. ;)

2013-06-19, 23:54:23
Reply #5

Tweekazoid

• Active Users
    • View Profile
excuse my short reply .. but I did sort of get it ...
I mean , I will try to be more of an use next time ... And moreover ... next time I will try to find something truly upgiving ...
still it is fun to troll a bit :) (jk)
« Last Edit: 2013-06-20, 00:51:39 by Tweekazoid »

2014-01-06, 14:34:10
Reply #6

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
implemented via supporting the 3dsmax option to do this
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)